+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does poor financial credit of a family member affect the re-immigration to Canada?

uhani0115

Aug 3, 2020
Hello,

First, I would like to say that there could be unclear explanations or details since English is my second language and what I am about to explain happened a while ago.

So, I am thinking about immigrating to Canada using the Start-Up Visa (SUV) program after this COVID-19 situation is over.

As I researched about this program, I thought of one thing that could possibly hinder our re-immigration to Canada.

So, my wife and my four sons went to Canada in 2014 all of them with a student visa. My wife and the two youngest sons left Canada in 2016. But when leaving Canada, she gave her TD Bank credit card to the oldest son just in case anything happens. But the problem was that my second son who was not old enough to know that it is a credit card used it without telling my oldest son nor my wife. The total amount that my son spent was less than 50 bucks which is not a lot. But, the checking account that was linked to the credit card did not have enough money it in. Another thing that made this even worse is that my wife did not change the home address to where my sons stayed with their homestay. So, the notifications were sent to the old house where my sons did not have access. After a while, we got to know this from the tenant of where the notifications were sent to.

My son went to the TD Bank on the very next day with the appropriate documentation. He paid for what was due and delayed. And my oldest son says that the documents that he received were some kind of credit-related documents from TD Bank as well as another credit-related company that he could not recognize. He also says that the banker who helped him paying the due amount said that the problem is now resolved.

This is a brief explanation of what happened and now I have several questions about our immigration to Canada through the SUVprogram in regards to this situation.

1. I am planning to apply for the SUV program under my name, meaning my wife is going to be the family member of the main applicant who is me. Would the financial credit or standing of my wife or a family member affect our SUV program application or immigration? If so, how specifically does it so and what are the things that we could do to improve the situation?

2. Is there any way that we could check my wife's financial credit or financial standing outside of Canada? If so, could you give us some more explanation about it?

3. Although I think it would be very unlikely, is there any way that we could restore my wife's financial credit outside of Canada?

Thanks for your help in advance and you all stay well and safe! :)

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Since this is not a crime against your wife, in my opinion, there is not going to be any issue with your application. Also if you hide any of your family information in SUV, it'll most likely get rejected. I would say go ahead and apply for SUV.

uhani0115

Aug 3, 2020
Since this is not a crime against your wife, in my opinion, there is not going to be any issue with your application. Also if you hide any of your family information in SUV, it'll most likely get rejected. I would say go ahead and apply for SUV.
Thanks for your reply,

But I would like any legal reference or real example if you have any. I just want to make sure that it would not have a huge negative effect on our immigration.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for your reply,

But I would like any legal reference or real example if you have any. I just want to make sure that it would not have a huge negative effect on our immigration.
My suggestion is that you should book a consultantation appointment with a visa consultant. Usually they have a 30 minutes free slot where they understand pre-application situation and advise if you can apply or not.

uhani0115

Aug 3, 2020
My suggestion is that you should book a consultantation appointment with a visa consultant. Usually they have a 30 minutes free slot where they understand pre-application situation and advise if you can apply or not.
Thanks a lot! I will contact a consultant :) Perhaps, if you have anyone who you could recommend, can you share the contact?