+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Passport Request mean my VISA (TRV) is approved?

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
I applied for TRV a while back, and got my Original Passport Request Letter on 17th September. I submitted my passport on 21st September to VFS, and got an email acknowledgement letter stating that my application is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Does Passport Request letter mean that my TRV is approved, or can I face rejection after my passport comes back? From what I know, they only demand the passport when they want stamp the VISA thing in the passport. If they were to reject it, they could have just sent me a rejection letter. So passport request should be an indication that it is approved?

Also the final decision of my cic account states:
Final Decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
And then there is the Original Passport Request letter.

However, the Review of Eligibility and Background Check states that they are processing it. So it's a bit confusing. Should I get my hope high or is there a chance of rejection even after passport request?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Unless you send them a fake passport or you did something extremely fishy with your application you should be all right.

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
LOL, my passport is 100% valid, and valid till 2025. As for doing something fishy with my application, well I haven't done that. Plus they are supposed to finish all the background check, criminal record check, eligibility check etc before sending the Passport request right? I am assuming those have been checked and I came out clear so they sent the PPR?

Anyhow thanks for the response. I am relieved.