+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does passport Canada call the guarantor and the references?

brittanymurphy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
I personally find this entire thread entertaining!

so you have stayed in country for over at least 3 years.
You had all documents to get your citizenship
In all those years and ever since you are born you don’t know 2 people anywhere in world who are not your blood relative family? And you have not made any 1 person who is a Canadian and has a passport.

If that is the case, i feel sorry for your lonliness. You should surrender Canadian citizenship and return to your home country.

please don’t bother to burden yourself of being lonelier any further.

if they have to burden rcmp and other govt bodies at disposal for background verification, get in the 1 year long passport processing queue.I definitely dont want the same wait periods as citizenship processing times
what you said was horrendous, better take it back.
most of the other countries in this world don't follow this guarantor/ reference practice, since it is ridiculous and inaccurate. and ineffective.
it is our passport, our rights, we don't need permission from anyone to grant our freedom.

brittanymurphy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
The rule applies to all. What I mean is that not everyone has extended family who they can ask to be a reference or guarantor. What if someone is a former refugee who lost all relatives in war? What if someone is like American writer Salinger J. D., who disliked socializing with people (for very valid reasons) and lived half of his life in total (self imposed) seclusion? What if it's just someone who has no extended family (the sole kid of parents who had no siblings, passed away grandparents), and with no so called "friend" in Canada, no one who was willing to vouch for them? I have read some stories in this forum about fake friends, who were supposedly friends but refused to be a reference or guarantor for the Canadian citizenship applicants. I mean, if you are an adult individual with some life experience you know there are many possibilities out there. The world is not made of people just like yourself, who have the same options/resources/connections that you have. It's naïve to imagine everyone on Earth like other versions of yourself and your personal circumstances.
And the passport is something that allows you to travel freely. As such, it's an instrument that you are entitled to (under human rights charter). It should not be conditioned or denied because you can't meet certain arbitrary condition imposed on you.
exactly what I am going to say, why must I be so humble to ask for help and get rejected mercilessly?
it is nothing of anybody's business. I don't need approval from any body but myself, it is my right my freedom, it has nothing to do with anyone else.
do I need a permission to take a pee?
I am going to take this concern to the MP in my area, hope you will do the same thing.

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
what you said was horrendous, better take it back.
most of the other countries in this world don't follow this guarantor/ reference practice, since it is ridiculous and inaccurate. and ineffective.
it is our passport, our rights, we don't need permission from anyone to grant our freedom.
Well it is accurate and effective for sure.
It would be in effective other way round!

If you dislike Canadian policies so much why did you apply for citizenship?

you decided to call this place home, that means you liked the processes and policies of this place vs the place you lived before. Love them or leave them! No point just making a ruckus

the process is created to cover all the situations and iron out negative scenarios where a person is involved in something wrong and no one would therefore guarantee for that person since guarantor is responsible! As a Canadian citizen, you represent Canada when outside this nation. They need to keep a tab that the representation of nation is not harmed

there are no unfettered rights in this world! Every right comes with a boundary condition to it. Neither Canadian PR not the citizenship is your right, it is a privilege to have been given to you! Respect that!

Last edited:

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Sometimes I think I am lucky that I couldn't find a skilled job in Canada and had to flee it for good. Can't imagine being Canadian citizen wanting to travel outside of Canada, needing a passport to travel, and being told "We can't issue you a passport unless you find couple of clowns who will vouch for your character". So, those individuals denied passport are essentially stuck in Canada, with no chance to travel abroad or leave Canada?
Good for us!

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
I personally find this entire thread entertaining!

so you have stayed in country for over at least 3 years.
You had all documents to get your citizenship
In all those years and ever since you are born you don’t know 2 people anywhere in world who are not your blood relative family? And you have not made any 1 person who is a Canadian and has a passport.

If that is the case, i feel sorry for your lonliness. You should surrender Canadian citizenship and return to your home country.

please don’t bother to burden yourself of being lonelier any further.

if they have to burden rcmp and other govt bodies at disposal for background verification, get in the 1 year long passport processing queue.I definitely dont want the same wait periods as citizenship processing times
this thread is disgusting