+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Ontario French-Speaking Stream require a minimum score ?

Edwardphan

Mar 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Does Ontario French-Speaking Stream require a minimum crs ? or I just need to meet all mandatory requirements ?

Thanks in advance.

Edwardphan

Mar 21, 2019
No minimum score.
Yes, you need to meet all requirements.
I meet all the requirements, IELTS SWRL 6 6 7 7.5, TCF Canada B2, 2 years of foreign exp, Bachelor degree
The thing is, If I claim French as my 1st language, I wont reach 67/100 of six factors score, I have to put English as 1st language. Can I change that after I entered the pool ? I mean put French as my 1st language and English as 2nd ?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Meeting 67/100 is indeed one of the requirements, Edward. Plus, from what I understand, you'd not get an NOI from Ontario unless you make French the first language.
Someone in your situation reported that he used a "trick" to get the NOI. Claiming temporarily, for example, an aunt/uncle in Canada to get the 5 extra selection factor points. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, perhaps you could wait till you reach 3yrs work experience?

Mind you, making French your first language is required just to attract OINP attention so as to get the NOI. When completing the OINP application, you could revert to English first.

Reactions: Edwardphan

Edwardphan

Mar 21, 2019
Meeting 67/100 is indeed one of the requirements, Edward. Plus, from what I understand, you'd not get an NOI from Ontario unless you make French the first language.
Someone in your situation reported that he used a "trick" to get the NOI. Claiming temporarily, for example, an aunt/uncle in Canada to get the 5 extra selection factor points. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, perhaps you could wait till you reach 3yrs work experience?

Mind you, making French your first language is required just to attract OINP attention so as to get the NOI. When completing the OINP application, you could revert to English first.
Im married, does sponsoring a spouse decrease my chance of getting NOI from Ontario ?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Im married, does sponsoring a spouse decrease my chance of getting NOI from Ontario ?
For the French-Speaking stream? No, I don't believe so. There doesn't appear to be a minimum score, so including your spouse in your application shouldn't have any effect.
The HCP stream is different though.

KC1987

Oct 26, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
How can i apply for OINP. I have 8 in IELTS, 10 Years of work ex, 33 years o;s. My current CRS is 460 but will be 455 after my bday in Jan end. Am i eligible to apply for EOI for Ontario and under which stream?