+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does online class/course from accredited university in Philippine be honored by Canada immigration?


Jul 25, 2019
Does online class/course from University in College in Philippine will be honored by Canadian immigration in order to be qualified to apply as a caregiver ?Anybody could help me on this because im planning to get additional units through online education while working here in Hongkong.Thank you in advance for your response


Hero Member
May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
You must proceed per Canadian Government instructions:

"Getting your education assessed
If you don’t have a Canadian high school diploma or higher, you must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an approved organization.

An ECA is used to check that your completed foreign educational credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian high school diploma or higher. This can be a degree, diploma, certificate or other proof of your education.

How to get an ECA
Choose a designated organization
You can get your assessment from any of these organizations:

Check the websites of the approved organizations or contact them directly to find out:

  • what documents you need
  • how much it will cost
  • how long an assessment will take
Apply for your assessment
Make sure you:

  • gather all the documents the organization needs to assess your education
  • ask your school for multiple copies of your degrees, diplomas, transcripts, etc.
  • follow any instructions given to submit the documents, and
  • pay the fees"
  • Like
Reactions: ShelleyPon