+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does one need a translation of passport stamps for the interview?

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Hi

I've 2 passports during my eligibility period & bio-pages of both these Passports were sent along with my application.

1st passport which is never used for landing and afterwords has Arabic stamps.
2nd one which is used for landing and afterwords has no stamp other than English.

Should I get translated stamps of my 1st passport (never used landing and afterwords)?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I've 2 passports during my eligibility period & bio-pages of both these Passports were sent along with my application.

2nd one which is used for landing and afterwords has no stamp other than English.

Should I get translated stamps of my 1st passport (never used landing and afterwords)?
Yes. As discussed under other topics chances are you will be asked for those during interview.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi

The rule, the instruction, is YES.

This is not uniformly enforced. Good chance that if it is clear the older passport is not relevant to assessing actual physical presence, IRCC would let you slide without a translation.

Remember, however, what is clear to you may not be that clear to a total stranger bureaucrat.

BUT to avoid any delays, best to have a proper translation. This seems especially so when stamps contain information in Arabic or other non-Latin alphabet languages.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
my wife had a couple of Saudia stamps in passport from our travels but did not require translation.
It probably helped that we had asked CBSA to stamp her passport when we entered Canada. The officer was kind enough to do it.
CIC never asked about it at all. It helped cuz we had the ticket stubs, etc for the journey.
(this was few yrs ago)

Reactions: Hey and qorax

Manos

Dec 12, 2017
Russian need translation.
My cousin translated russian passports to english in interview maybe 6 months ago, i rememebr they asked about it in the interview. She is Citizen now.

Reactions: Hey

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Relevant passports. Any passport which was valid or otherwise usable during the eligibility period. And any new passport obtained after applying. Basically same as submitted (bio-pages) with the application plus any new ones . . . assuming the applicant sent all relevant passports with the application.

fair enough
Thanks!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Just for information. I received my test invite today through canadapost. Instructions and documents that I need to bring on my test/interview, it includes the passport stamps, visa and permit certified translation.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
What about entry/exit stamps in a passport that have smeared so badly as to be unreadable.
Does anything need to be done about those?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
What about entry/exit stamps in a passport that have smeared so badly as to be unreadable.
What could we possibly do about those ? No translation is possible.

I have a similar stamp where only the date is visible, not the country that stamped it. I have tickets and boarding passes handy and will be taking those to the interview, should there be any doubt. That's all we can do.

Reactions: hfinkel

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
There's nothing you can do about those, whether they're in English or not. I have an English stamp from a US crossing which is totally illegible :s
IMO this actually means the stamps may not be that important, and it's not 100% necessary to translate all the non-English stamps, as they can mostly obtain your crossing records from CBSA, so may not need the stamps... It depends on the processing officer though, as you might meet one who's very strict on this, so hopefully most of us can get a nice citizenship officer.

Reactions: hfinkel