+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does name and address of photographer need to be written at back of photo?

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Hello all,

I have been asked to re-send photos for my pr card. this is what the instructions tell me:

Appendix A – Photo Specifications

TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

· THE IMMIGRATION SECTION OF THE HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA IN SINGAPORE REQUIRES PHOTOS IN ORDER TO PREPARE YOUR CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE DOCUMENT(S).

· Immigration photographs are not the same as passport photographs.

The photographs must:

· show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;

· have a pure white background, (an off-white or coloured background is not acceptable);

· be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;

· have been taken within the past three (3) months.

The photographs must:

· measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown;

· have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 3/4") finished size.

Please:

· enclose 2 photographs in a small envelope (use a separate envelope for each applicant);

· do not write on the back of the photographs;

· do not staple, scratch, bend or leave any ink mark on the photographs;

· write the application number and the applicant’s name on the envelope.

My photo got rejected for pr card may be because I didnt follow the specification. This time I received the following in a letter:

Image of photograph requirements
The two photos must be taken by a commercial photographer.
You may wear non-tinted and tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that your eyes are not hidden by glare on the lenses. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance and you wear the accessory on a regular basis.
The photos must clearly show your face. If you may not remove your head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are visible.
Photos must have been taken within the last six months to ensure an up-to-date likeness.
Photos may be either black and white or colour.

Notes to the photographer

The two photos must:

show a full front view of the person’s head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size;
be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

Q. So should I ask photographer to include address? or should i ask him to write date on just one photo?

Inspired beta

Oct 16, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
Soon !
Dear some people receive this...
What i did was:
Sent 5 photos, all same size as described, unaltered.
2 Photos bearing my name, applicant number and date taken on the back.
2 Photos bearing my name, applicant number, Stamp of photographer with address, and date taken on the back.
1 Photo with nothing written on the back.

Put in a small envelop, write your name and applicant number on it.

So, they could use either set.
Best of luck.
Regards

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
did you send this before you landed or after you landed and they sent you a letter that your pr card photos got rejected?

If you got a letter saying you need to re-send photos because they got rejected, were you outside of canada? and if yes, you got ur pr card without any problem? like they didnt make an issue of why your photos were stamped outside of Canada etc?

Inspired beta

Oct 16, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
Soon !
smk_ujs said:
did you send this before you landed or after you landed and they sent you a letter that your pr card photos got rejected?

If you got a letter saying you need to re-send photos because they got rejected, were you outside of canada? and if yes, you got ur pr card without any problem? like they didnt make an issue of why your photos were stamped outside of Canada etc?
Dear,
You can send photos from outside !
You are not prohibited from leaving Canada, before PR card arrives.

Regards

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow the instructions you have been given.

Do the instructions require the photographer's name and address?

Do the instructions require a date stamp on one of the photos?

Reactions: anandsin