+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does my work experience count ?

krkabdel

Jun 22, 2018
hey everyone
i want to apply for the express entry program, my job experience is:
teaching at the university (i am a phd student) with a contract (2 years and a half) 15 hours a week, i have the contracts to prove it, and the bank statement of salary, but the problem is we don't have work insurance. i have two questions :
1) is my work experience valid given that i didn't have work insurance ?
2) is the number of hours a problem ? knowing that professors usually work less then 40 hours a week, it's difficult to meet the requirement.
thank you in advance for answering my inquiry

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
hey everyone
teaching at the university (i am a phd student) with a contract (2 years and a half) 15 hours a week, i have the contracts to prove it, and the bank statement of salary, but the problem is we don't have work insurance. i have two questions :
2) is the number of hours a problem ? knowing that professors usually work less then 40 hours a week, it's difficult to meet the requirement.
1) It will not be a problem.
2) 15 hours/week will be considered part time work. So, it will be 1 year when you have 1560 hours of work experience.

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
hey everyone
What are your job hours? In most cases professors/ teachers teach certain number of hours, they also do student meetings, administrative work, prepare for lectures, research . This will make up full time job hours.

krkabdel

Jun 22, 2018
my job hours 15 hours a week, teaching, i do supervise in exams too, i thought 6 subjects, icluding a master's class of statistical software, 2.5 years doing this, i am not sure wether to include it as 2 years or 1 year, i fear it would less up my whole application if i get it wrong.