+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my work experience count for Express entry? (Please see detailed question)

jigarjoshi42

Dec 2, 2017
Hi to all,

I am on work permit which will finish on October,2018.
I have been working full time since I have received PGWP.
Which means I have accumulated 5 moths of work experience so far.

I have recently received a new job offer which is also a full time offer. However, the work hours are different. I have to work for 15 days (each day 10 hours) including weekends while rest of 15 days I won't be working and staying at home. Accordingly, I will have 140 hours of work in whole month, but it will still be a full time job as per offer letter.
So I have 2 questions:
1. After 6 months of such work experience (if I accept this job offer), will I be eligible for CEC ?
2. Will l get points in Express Entry for this full time job (15 days work and other 15 days off) ?

Also is there anything else that I should be concerned about before I start working in Quebec province ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - No. Not even close.
2 - As continuous work experience is not a requirement under the CEC it is technically possible.

If you move to Quebec and apply via Express Entry then you will receive a request to write a letter of intent in which you must convince the processing officer that you intent to reside outside the province of Quebec. If your argument and proof is not sufficient then your application will get rejected.

jigarjoshi42

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks
1 - No. Not even close.
2 - As continuous work experience is not a requirement under the CEC it is technically possible.

If you move to Quebec and apply via Express Entry then you will receive a request to write a letter of intent in which you must convince the processing officer that you intent to reside outside the province of Quebec. If your argument and proof is not sufficient then your application will get rejected.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

So when you mention not even close, what would be the reason.
Do I lack the number of hours required to be eligible for CEC ?
I have already accumulated 5 months of full time work hours so far. Which means I have 800 hours already on my profile.
Now if I accept this new job offer then I will earn (140 times 6 months) = 840 hours down the line after 6 months from now.
So in October when my work permit is about to expire, I will have 800+840 = 1640 hours of full time work in my profile.

So I wonder why would be I not eligible for CEC ?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you're working full-time (30 hours + per week) the hour requirement is irrelevant. You need to work 52 weeks on a full-time basis to claim a year of full-time work experience.

So if you work only 15 days in a month for 6 months you would have only the equivalent of full-time work experience of 3 months. That added to the 5 months you already have still comes short of the minimum requirement of a year of full-time work experience.

kdudin

May 9, 2019
When you're working full-time (30 hours + per week) the hour requirement is irrelevant. You need to work 52 weeks on a full-time basis to claim a year of full-time work experience.

So if you work only 15 days in a month for 6 months you would have only the equivalent of full-time work experience of 3 months. That added to the 5 months you already have still comes short of the minimum requirement of a year of full-time work experience.
Hi, you seem to be very knowledge with specific requirements for EE. Can I ask you a question please :)

I have 2 years 8 months work experience with NOC1122 at one company and 5 months of of NOC 4163 at another company. All full time (more than 30 hours) and all after graduating university. Can I claim 3 years work experience?

Thanks!