+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my spouse need to have work experience to enter under CEC express entry if I am a primary applicant?

cristianb

Jan 18, 2022
I am single and eligible to apply for Canadian experience class CEC (have good CRS points). However, I plan to get married soon. Unfortunately, my GF now lives outside Canada and has no Canadian work experience. If I am the primary applicant, will she also need the one-year Canadian experience for CEC or my application will be refused because she does not have the one-year experience required for CEC?
Or my only option is to apply now get PR and then get married and sponsor her.
Thanks in advance

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Your gf does not need such experience whether or not the two of you get married, just the primary applicant (you). Do make sure that your CRS is still good post marriage, or else she might need to do an ECA or IELTS.

Outland dependent will add a little processing time for CEC applicants, but still a LOT faster than spouse sponsorship.

Reactions: cristianb

cristianb

Jan 18, 2022
Your gf does not need such experience whether or not the two of you get married, just the primary applicant (you). Do make sure that your CRS is still good post marriage, or else she might need to do an ECA or IELTS.

Outland dependent will add a little processing time for CEC applicants, but still a LOT faster than spouse sponsorship.
Thanks! if we go that route and I apply as a Primary applicant and put her as accompanying to Canada she will also get PR right? Just to make sure I am a little confused

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Thanks! if we go that route and I apply as a Primary applicant and put her as accompanying to Canada she will also get PR right? Just to make sure I am a little confused
Yes. Every accompanying dependent (including children, in case others are reading this) is part of your application. Once approved you all get PR.

• Love

nitinkumar35

Jan 12, 2022
I am single and eligible to apply for Canadian experience class CEC (have good CRS points). However, I plan to get married soon. Unfortunately, my GF now lives outside Canada and has no Canadian work experience. If I am the primary applicant, will she also need the one-year Canadian experience for CEC or my application will be refused because she does not have the one-year experience required for CEC?
Or my only option is to apply now get PR and then get married and sponsor her.
Thanks in advance
I have the same condition, I'm applying for PR as a primary applicant and am currently in Canada and my spouse is outland. We're aiming for CEC as well, our immigration consultant confirmed that this is a valid approach and would save a lot of time comparing two separate applications.
But, the problem is that there are no CEC draws after September 2021. Not, sure when they'll restart the CEC draws.

@oinkario Any ideas?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
I have the same condition, I'm applying for PR as a primary applicant and am currently in Canada and my spouse is outland. We're aiming for CEC as well, our immigration consultant confirmed that this is a valid approach and would save a lot of time comparing two separate applications.
But, the problem is that there are no CEC draws after September 2021. Not, sure when they'll restart the CEC draws.

@oinkario Any ideas?
Depends on your CRS. If you’re 480+ inland CEC I think there will be an invite one way or another. On Feb 11 they’ll announce plans for the year, and you will get a clearer picture.

Vij30

May 3, 2024
I am single and eligible to apply for Canadian experience class CEC. I'm applying for PR as a primary applicant and am currently in Canada and my gf is also in Canada. We are planning to apply PR together. I will be the primary applicant and will put my gf's file in a common- law partner and she has no NOC- B experience. If I am the primary applicant, will she also need the one-year Canadian experience for CEC?
Thanks in advance