+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my job description fit NOC 2172?

Sergey18

Jan 10, 2013
Hi,

I have applied for CEC under NOC 2172 (Database Analysts and Data Administrators).
I'm currently working as a Data Analyst in data migration for a mid-sized (1500+) international company.

I got the following employment letter, which I thought was a pretty close match. But now that I've submitted my application, I started to have a feeling that it matches the spirit, but not the letter of NOC 2172...
What do you guys think?

This letter is to state that [Name] is employed with [Company]. [Name] has been a full-time (40 hours/week), permanent employee at [Company] since August 22, 2016. [Name]'s current title is Data Analyst, and he earns an annual base salary of $56,650.

As a Data Analyst, [Name]’s duties include, but are not limited to:
  • Convert customer data into a format that is compatible with the [Company Name] database management system.
  • Research and test customer data by using database management and data transformation tools such as MS SQL Server Management Studio, MS SQL Server Profiler, Pervasive ETL data transformation tool, as well as [Company Name]’s internal software products.
  • Review programming code to identify code defects and problems with data conversions. Submit program modification requests to Development and work closely with them to provide all the necessary information to troubleshoot and fix errors.
  • Write SQL programming code to fix conversion issues and augment databases according to the customers’ requirements.
  • Maintain open communication with all project stakeholders on the status of active data conversion/merge/extraction/reconfiguration procedures.
  • Create and update documentation, and implement new and improved quality control methods and procedures.
  • Review completed conversions, analyze data, and run other required data integrity checks.
  • Assist developers, trainers and agencies in rectifying any conversion-related situations that arise prior to or after the final conversion has been delivered.
  • Assist fellow analysts in issue resolution.
The job requirements for the role of Data Analyst include:
  • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
  • Ability to create and understand SQL queries.
  • Ability to read and understand programming code.
  • Functional Microsoft O/S and database experience.
  • Solid skills in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Access.
  • Advanced skills in analysis/organization of project related tasks according to required specifications.
  • Basic understanding of networking, remote access capabilities, and programming.
  • Ability to plan and organize technical projects; experience with deadlines for project completion.
  • Customer service experience helpful but not required.
  • Experience with ETL tools, particularly Pervasive products, is desired.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at

(555)555-5555, ext. 22222, or johndoe@...systems.com.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Human Resources Business Partner
Did I choose the right NOC? My concern is that none of the duties listed are an exact match for what is in the NOC.

Last edited:

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for CEC under NOC 2172 (Database Analysts and Data Administrators).
I'm currently working as a Data Analyst in data migration for a mid-sized (1500+) international company.

I got the following employment letter, which I thought was a pretty close match. But now that I've submitted my application, I started to have a feeling that it matches the spirit, but not the letter of NOC 2172...
What do you guys think?

Did I choose the right NOC? My concern is that none of the duties listed are an exact match for what is in the NOC.
Only you would be in the right place to answer your query. If your job roles and responsibilities closely match the selected NOC, I do not see any reason to be anxious then. Does your Reference Letter list out the various roles and responsibilities in-sync with the selected NOC?? Good luck.

Sergey18

Jan 10, 2013
Only you would be in the right place to answer your query. If your job roles and responsibilities closely match the selected NOC, I do not see any reason to be anxious then. Does your Reference Letter list out the various roles and responsibilities in-sync with the selected NOC?? Good luck.
I attached the reference letter in the quote. The purpose of this thread was to get a second opinion on whether this is a close match. Thanks.

pritparikh15

May 7, 2018
Seattle, WA
I am using the same NOC code, since you submitted your application in Nov 2017, I want to ask you about the status of your application. Did you get a PR?

Mohsen13677

Aug 10, 2019
Hi,

What do you guys think?

Did you get your PR under this NOC?

karanwaghela

Jun 27, 2021
Hi,

What do you guys think?

I work on similar lines. Really confused about the job code. Can you please share the latest job responsibilities that you went in with and what was the NOC that you finally settled on.

karanwaghela

Jun 27, 2021
I am using the same NOC code, since you submitted your application in Nov 2017, I want to ask you about the status of your application. Did you get a PR?
HI,
Can you please share the reference letter.
I am in the same boat and need an approved reference letter.

bhushangosavi93

Jun 13, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have same doubt. Kindly help

Is this the right NOC? "NOC 2172". Can you please see if this is okay?

To whomsoever it may concern

Her roles and responsibilities as below :

1. Extract, update and modify the data from the database

management tool such as SharePoint.

2. Obtaining data from the data set using SQL (Structured Query

Language) then analyse the data using the programming skills

according to the client’s requirements and to comprehend the data

and report it manger.

3. Manage and operate database system to ensure and monitor

system reporting quality.

4. Perform analysis and auditing on eCommerce websites, checking

their Validation Compatibility, broken images, Broken links and

language content.

5. Analyze the audit data and create insights about the top

performing products, error free web pages etc.

6. Document the error reports to prepare MS-Excel dashboard and

weekly reports to present them to the Associate Process Manager.

7. Obtaining the significant documents using the database

management tools and organize them for the Administrators in a

way that is both efficient and understandable.

8. Escalate, collect and Coordinate documents with clients regarding

bugs and issues through emails.