+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my husband have to re-do his medicals due to the delay?

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
We applied outland, I'm sponsoring my husband. He got his medicals done in January, and his police check in Feburary. Miss. received our app on May 13th (that's what they told me even though the post said 14th..) but husband got a letter from miss. dated June 30th and he got the letter physically first week of July. He mailed the info to me to sign and I sent it in to miss. Today is August 2nd. I'm a little annoyed by this delay because now I don't even know when I will hear back for SA. I have talked to more than enough CIC agents who all have told me the same thing "it could take between now and 1.5 months to hear back for SA." I think this is just crazy..

More importantly will my husband have to re-do his medicals when the app gets transferred to London, due to the delay?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It really depends on the VO and how they choose to proceed with this application. They could extend it if they wish. The short answer is nobody can tell you what your VO will choose to do. Be prepared to have him do it again if necessary though.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Mrs.Purcy said:
We applied outland, I'm sponsoring my husband. He got his medicals done in January, and his police check in Feburary. Miss. received our app on May 13th (that's what they told me even though the post said 14th..) but husband got a letter from miss. dated June 30th and he got the letter physically first week of July. He mailed the info to me to sign and I sent it in to miss. Today is August 2nd. I'm a little annoyed by this delay because now I don't even know when I will hear back for SA. I have talked to more than enough CIC agents who all have told me the same thing "it could take between now and 1.5 months to hear back for SA." I think this is just crazy..

More importantly will my husband have to re-do his medicals when the app gets transferred to London, due to the delay?
The medicals will have to be re-done January 2015. At this rate, it looks as though a re-medical will be required. They will probably send him PPR and re-medical same day.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Koifish76 said:
The medicals will have to be re-done January 2015. At this rate, it looks as though a re-medical will be required. They will probably send him PPR and re-medical same day.
*sigh*

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mrs.Purcy said:
but husband got a letter from miss. dated June 30th and he got the letter physically first week of July. He mailed the info to me to sign and I sent it in to miss. Today is August 2nd.
It sounds like you made a mistake in your application, causing CPC-M to ask for additional info? So I dont think CIC is to blame here for the delay.
Also, the medical was done way too early. It should be the last thing done, right before you mail the application.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Rob_TO said:
It sounds like you made a mistake in your application, causing CPC-M to ask for additional info? So I dont think CIC is to blame here for the delay.
Also, the medical was done way too early. It should be the last thing done, right before you mail the application.
Well there's obviously nothing he could do. We planned on sending it asap but like life, things happen. You didn't answer my question. I also wasn't blaming anybody here.......

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mrs.Purcy said:
Well there's obviously nothing he could do. We planned on sending it asap but like life, things happen. You didn't answer my question. I also wasn't blaming anybody here.......
Medical is valid for 1 year. So if the app is still in process Jan 2015, the medical will expire and 1 of 2 things will happen:
1. CIC will extend your medical by another 1 year. This sometimes happens if they are about to complete processing just as medicals expire.
2. CIC will request a new complete medical be done in Jan. This is the most likely scenario.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO is right subject to three small points which may relieve Mrs Purcy's doom and gloom a little. The first is that the expiry date for the validity of the medical is not necessarily the anniversary of the medical. If ever she obtains GCMS notes for her husband she may find as I did that under the general heading 'medical' there is an entry under the sub-heading 'validity date', which is several weeks later than the anniversary. I no longer remember when precisely I did my medical but it was definitely in April, but the validity date was 10th May the following year. I understand that a short additional period of validity is almost universal. The second small point is that in my own case it appeared from the GCMS notes that my application was in limbo with nothing much (indeed nothing at all) happening and since the anniversary of the medical was looming, I sent, on the suggestion of another member of this forum, a case specific inquiry inquiring whether the VO intended to extend the validity of the medical and almost immediately there was a decision made entry on Ecas followed by the COPR within a couple of days. I gather from that that extending the validity of the medical is a nuisance for the VOs and that a little nudge towards the end of the process can produce miraculous results. The last point is that the London Visa office is one of the fastest and though there are exceptions (mine was one of them) most applications get dealt with well within the period of validity. So nil desperandum!