+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my common law partner need to link a separate account on cic? 2017 Oct in-land application

angekuok

Sep 13, 2017
Hi! I'm a 2017 Oct in-land applicant for common law sponsorship (I'm the primary applicant). Just a brief background/update of my timeline: schedule A and criminal record submitted in Dec 2017. CIC requested for my medical check on May 1st 2018. I have finished my medical exam I'm just waiting for the result to be sent to CIC office.
My question is:
Does my common-law partner ( sponsor) need to link in a separate account on CIC? He only received one email from CIC before and I noticed he has a different UCI than mine. If he doesn't link-in his email on CIC will he receive any update for the application such as the approval of sponsorship?

Thank you!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi! I'm a 2017 Oct in-land applicant for common law sponsorship (I'm the primary applicant). Just a brief background/update of my timeline: schedule A and criminal record submitted in Dec 2017. CIC requested for my medical check on May 1st 2018. I have finished my medical exam I'm just waiting for the result to be sent to CIC office.
My question is:
Does my common-law partner ( sponsor) need to link in a separate account on CIC? He only received one email from CIC before and I noticed he has a different UCI than mine. If he doesn't link-in his email on CIC will he receive any update for the application such as the approval of sponsorship?

Thank you!
Once the Sponsor has been approved, the application is more about the PA.......messages are directed to the PA......don't think the Sponsor should link a separate account.

Reactions: angekuok