+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my brother can sponsor my parents ?

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am newly registered member and very happy to see this blog made for those people who are seeking advice esp. on Canadian Visas.

"My elder brother has immigrated from Pakistan to Canada in Aug 2007 with his wife and two children and currently he is studying there on 'OSAP'. Now he wants to sponsor my Father and Mother under the Family Class Sponsorship. (My Father is a retired person and my mother is a housewife). As my elder brother cannot support my parents financially because he is a student and does not have a job and enough money. However my Father will financially support himself and my mother during their stay in Canada."

My Question is that: Does my brother can sponsor my parents, as he is on OSAP loan? If he can't, then what is the solution for this?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind Regards

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, he cannot sponsor them if he and his wife do not meet the income requirements. The solution is that he finishes school, gets a job that meets the income requirements and then sponsors them.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The brother can get his wife to cosign for him to get her income counted as well but they would need to make enough money for 6 people in order to sponsor the parents, that is themselves, their 2 kids and the parents. They will need $51,498 per year, see table 4 at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196E10.asp

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
but if his wife doesn't work, it will not help.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Thank you all for your valuable replies

My brother's wife does not work and she is a house wife, however my brother works in weekends'. Would this help?

I have heard from someone that if any person is availing any kind of loan facility from govt. or university then he cannot sponsor any of his relative until he pays off his loan. Is this Right?

My bro is studying there under OSAP.

Kind Regards

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
outstandinguy said:
Thank you all for your valuable replies
My brother's wife does not work and she is a house wife, however my brother works in weekends'. Would this help?
I have heard from someone that if any person is availing any kind of loan facility from govt. or university then he cannot sponsor any of his relative until he pays off his loan. Is this Right?
My bro is studying there under OSAP.
Kind Regards
Even if your brother works and his income is equal to minimum required for six people the processing times for Parents for Islamabad Applicants are about 5 years.
If your brother can move to Saskatchewan or Manitoba then he can sponsor them easily without any income level and in quicker way.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you can try to invite your parents to visit you and then extend their visas, but sponsorship will not work for now.