+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Multiple Sclerosis hurts immigration application?

Smileyman

Jun 11, 2019
Hello Beautiful People,

My wife got diagnosed with MS around 6 months ago, she is not on any sort of medications as her condition is (Clinically Isolated Syndrome), the doctors have told her that she does not require any medication as her condition is absolutely stable and not at all progressive thanks to almighty GOD.

We are looking to apply for Canadian immigration via Federal Skilled Immigration program, my wife will be the primary applicant. What are the chances of not passing the medical exams due to Multiple Sclerosis?

I have read on alot of posts that if your medication exceeds $20,000/- you are medically inadmissable but if you are not on any sort of medications at all and completely fine since in some people MS stays in them forever but never hurts them, nor progress nor does it affect their physical or mental ability?

Does the IRCC calculate the average cost of medication in canada via assessing the medications the applicant is on or its dependent the sort of disease and its stage?
whats the criteria please and what should we be expecting?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Beautiful People,

My wife got diagnosed with MS around 6 months ago, she is not on any sort of medications as her condition is (Clinically Isolated Syndrome), the doctors have told her that she does not require any medication as her condition is absolutely stable and not at all progressive thanks to almighty GOD.

We are looking to apply for Canadian immigration via Federal Skilled Immigration program, my wife will be the primary applicant. What are the chances of not passing the medical exams due to Multiple Sclerosis?

I have read on alot of posts that if your medication exceeds $20,000/- you are medically inadmissable but if you are not on any sort of medications at all and completely fine since in some people MS stays in them forever but never hurts them, nor progress nor does it affect their physical or mental ability?

Does the IRCC calculate the average cost of medication in canada via assessing the medications the applicant is on or its dependent the sort of disease and its stage?
whats the criteria please and what should we be expecting?
IRCC generally projects forward 5-10 years and anticipates what annual costs may be at that point. The health of the applicant at the time of the application is also factored in.

It's hard to say with MS since it is a degenerative disease which does generally get worse. However if your wife's condition is fine at the moment, I would try applying and hope for the best.

Good luck.

aarias89

Aug 25, 2020
What if I sponsor my bother(24), he was diagnosed with MS, and gets MRIs every 6 months. I can prove financial responsibility.
Would it affect his PR process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if I sponsor my bother(24), he was diagnosed with MS, and gets MRIs every 6 months. I can prove financial responsibility.
Would it affect his PR process?
How are you planning on sponsoring your brother?

Are you single with no children? Are both of your parents deceased and do you have no other family in Canada (i.e. aunts, uncles)?

Reactions: Islander216

aarias89

Aug 25, 2020
How are you planning on sponsoring your brother?

Are you single with no children? Are both of your parents deceased and do you have no other family in Canada (i.e. aunts, uncles)?
I'm a resident. Single, no children. My parents live in the U.S. though. No family that lives in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a resident. Single, no children. My parents live in the U.S. though. No family that lives in Canada.
In that case you unfortunately cannot sponsor your brother.

If he wishes to migrate to Canada, he will need to qualify on his own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Reactions: YVR123