+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does minors need to fill the taxes in the last five years to eligible citizenship application

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Hi, I'm filling application for citizenship for my 9 years old kid. what need to select from last five years , how can minors fill the taxes its totally irrerelavant question.

Please help.

Required to file Taxes filed
YES/NO YES/NO

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi, I'm filling application for citizenship for my 9 years old kid. what need to select from last five years , how can minors fill the taxes its totally irrerelavant question.

Please help.

Required to file Taxes filed
YES/NO YES/NO
Required NO filed No

wink

May 25, 2021
Are sure you are using the right form? I would expect that minor application would not have this question.

wink

May 25, 2021
yes, this form used for minor's citizenship application form and used by PR parents applying for PR minors.
If the minor is applying with parents, then one need to use different form, if i am correct, which not seems to have this tax question.

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
If the minor is applying with parents, then one need to use different form, if i am correct, which not seems to have this tax question.
Both Parents and minors need to use only subsection 5(1) forms if they both are PR's and applying for Citizenship

wink

May 25, 2021
Both Parents and minors need to use only subsection 5(1) forms if they both are PR's and applying for Citizenship
Sorry, still not clear to me. If minor is applying with the parent(s), as family together, then you should use Form CIT0003. If the minor is applying alone then yes you should use the form CIT0403. I am not sure what is your situation. Hope you are using the correct form.

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Sorry, still not clear to me. If minor is applying with the parent(s), as family together, then you should use Form CIT0003. If the minor is applying alone then yes you should use the form CIT0403. I am not sure what is your situation. Hope you are using the correct form.

Yes, Your correct, Its makes difference a lot. Tons of thanks