+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does minor child has to accompany to test and oath ?

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Does minor child have to accompany you when you going for a test and similarly for oath taking ceremony ?

The reason he could not attend is that he has and his mother might be out of country for couple of years, and there is a possibility he could not come back to attend the test / ceremony

(I know a 8 yrs child doesn't have to sit for the test but does the child has to accompany you to CIC officer who is checking you documents etc))

Last edited:

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not take my kids for the test and we all got the Oath Invitation

Got this on my Oath Invitation....

IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE

A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to attend. Parents and their children, however, may be asked to leave the ceremony room or move to another area if their children disrupt the ceremony. If you bring young children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the ceremony.

Last edited:

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
An eight year old kid is not required to go for a test / interview. Rather you are NOT supposed to take young kids, as they are not allowed in test area. Says clearly to arrange something for kids.

For Oath it is mentioned above.

You will/might be asked in the interview about updating travel etc. You are supposed to take original submitted document / passports, that were included in the application package sent by you.

Although no such letter was included for kids when we got our interview/test invite. But nevertheless we did take our documents and minor's, and off course required passports.

Not sure how you'll manage taking the passport if they are not here. And even if it is required or not by the officer, not sure about it.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I heard that children were also called for an interview from different sources to see the child physically. Even if not there are other procedures to apply ofr passport etc try to complete before sending them

Explorer1909

Feb 4, 2024
Hello everyone,
In a similar situation. I have a child (minor 3.5 year old) on my application who will be outside Canada at the time of my Oath Taking Ceremony with his mother. The application includes my child and myself. Since it is optional for minors to attend the ceremony, is it necessary for the minor to be present inside Canada at the time of Oath Taking? Any insight would be highly appreciated.