+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does minor can be outside of canada

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
Hi
I want to apply citizenship with my son together .He is 13 years old and has PR status while now he is outside of Canada.He will move to Canada this July.Can i submit our application now or i have to wait till he is inside Canada.Thank you

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi
I want to apply citizenship with my son together .He is 13 years old and has PR status while now he is outside of Canada.He will move to Canada this July.Can i submit our application now or i have to wait till he is inside Canada.Thank you
Your son currently being outside Canada right now does not make him ineligible, if he meets the requirements.

However, if processing goes swiftly you may be invited for the test and interview before July, at which point you would need to be able to show the original documents for your son's application (passport etc). If he is still abroad at that point you would not be able to do so.

Reactions: Tim2005

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
Your son currently being outside Canada right now does not make him ineligible, if he meets the requirements.

However, if processing goes swiftly you may be invited for the test and interview before July, at which point you would need to be able to show the original documents for your son's application (passport etc). If he is still abroad at that point you would not be able to do so.
Thank you for you reply.I have my son's passport with me now.(I asked him mailing me already) .Is there any other problem?

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Thank you for you reply.I have my son's passport with me now.(I asked him mailing me already) .Is there any other problem?
I don’t think you need any of your Son’s original documents with you when he is applied with you and still a minor. I applied for my 8 years old son with me and during test and interview, the CO did not want to see anything for my son. Absolutely nothing. His application was at the same file and the CO acknowledged that as well.

So I think it’s not an worry point.

Reactions: Tim2005

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
I don’t think you need any of your Son’s original documents with you when he is applied with you and still a minor. I applied for my 8 years old son with me and during test and interview, the CO did not want to see anything for my son. Absolutely nothing. His application was at the same file and the CO acknowledged that as well.

Thanks .Actually i donot think original document is an important matter. I think that he is outside of Canada is an important thing. Some persons asked whether they can apply for citizenship outside of Canada.The main point is if a person outside of Canada,does he qualify for apply citizenship

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

I had the exact same experience at my interview.