+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does MBA from india may be a reason for visa rejection for Post graduate certificate courses

Nitin08

Dec 27, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam
I got admission for PG certificate Global business management from Humber college 2019 may intake. My ielts is S6.5,R6, L6.5,W6. I am an MBA graduate from india specialized in marketing & Operations,and also got 2year experience on sales field. Ihave already paid the college fee and GIC and i am going to start visa application soon. But right now I am bit confused on whether my visa will get refused. Please help me with your valuable suggestions please. Thankyou

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam
I got admission for PG certificate Global business management from Humber college 2019 may intake. My ielts is S6.5,R6, L6.5,W6. I am an MBA graduate from india specialized in marketing & Operations,and also got 2year experience on sales field. Ihave already paid the college fee and GIC and i am going to start visa application soon. But right now I am bit confused on whether my visa will get refused. Please help me with your valuable suggestions please. Thankyou
Nobody can tell you your visa chances, if your course is related to your previous studies and you can convince visa officer in your sop and most important if your documents are well sorted. Then it will be absolutely fine.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Being an MBA graduate already your case for a permit will need to be very convincing to take a Post grad course in Canada that shows progression of your prospects through the GBM course when you return to your home country. That’s just my view anyway but only IRCC will have the last word. Can you not just qualify for PR directly ?Good luck

Last edited:

Nitin08

Dec 27, 2018
Being an MBA graduate already your case for a permit will need to be very convincing to take a Post grad course in Canada that shows progression of your prospects through the GBM course when you return to your home country. That’s just my view anyway but only IRCC will have the last word. Can you not just qualify for PR directly ?Good luck
Sir, my academics are stronger. 90%secondary, 83% in UG, 78% in PG. Will it matters? Also took education loan.

Reactions: Lovesahota92

Ajun

May 18, 2020
Dear Sir/Madam
I am in the same situation applied for sept 2020 intake. Since you had done it already how was your experience?

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Hi Nithin and Anuj,

Any update on your college application and Visa status. Even I am in the same situation, done MBA. Going to apply for GBM.

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I too have a MBA and opted for pg diploma in financial planning at Seneca. Applied in June and got my AIP on 15 September under SDS.

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
In that case, I can even apply for the PG certificate course after IN GBM after MBA right?
Yes you can. The only thing is how you convince the visa officer assessing your file that this course you select will add weitage to your career goals. A very strong SOP will be needed.

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Yes you can. The only thing is how you convince the visa officer assessing your file that this course you select will add weitage to your career goals. A very strong SOP will be needed.
Alright, Thank you for the response Niraj. Good luck with your future journey.