+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does kidney stone causes problem in medical for PR?

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Hi, I have applied for PR for my parents in 2019 PGP program. My mother might have developed a kidney stone (not sure yet) but symptoms are that. I am going for checkup day after tomorrow. I wanted to ask does this issue can cause problem in her PR application medical. If so I can get laser treatment from Pakistan. Kindly guide me please!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have applied for PR for my parents in 2019 PGP program. My mother might have developed a kidney stone (not sure yet) but symptoms are that. I am going for checkup day after tomorrow. I wanted to ask does this issue can cause problem in her PR application medical. If so I can get laser treatment from Pakistan. Kindly guide me please!
It shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: smartshady

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
No it shouldn't be an issue. Kidney stones are usually not a chronic illness. Unless there is some underlying cause for the kidney stone with recurrent kidney stones. This is rare.

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
No no..it's the first time it ever happened...but she has diabetes and blood pressure and uric acid...but for these she's taking medication for last few years and everything is stable for years...

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
No no..it's the first time it ever happened...but she has diabetes and blood pressure and uric acid...but for these she's taking medication for last few years and everything is stable for years...
Should be ok. Diabetes (without secondary microvascular complications) hypertension (without secondary vascular complications) and hyperuricemia are not high cost chronic illnesses.

When you say stable I infer that your mother does not have diabetic retinopathy causing blindness or chronic renal failure requiring hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should be ok. Diabetes hypertension and hyperuricemia are not high cost chronic illnesses.
would disagree since they are linked to kidney disease which is one of the big things Canada screens for. Also the cost of diabetic care can be very high once you get into high insulin dosages, vascular disease, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If the stone is already causing pain it would probably be better to get it treated in Pakistan if she can’t pass it. Pretty sure it’s sound waves not laser. Trying to laser your kidney wouldn’t go past your skin or cause a ton of damage.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Good luck to your mother for her laser treatment.

It is done through the ureteroscope in the lumen of the ureter or the renal pelvis. They do not use a laser externally on skin for this.

https://www.urologyhealth.org/careblog/a-patients-guide-to-laser-treatment-for-urinary-stones

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78