+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does job title matter, if roles matches? PLEASE suggest!!!

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

I work in Investment bank and I am IT Manager with Designation "Sr. Manager". My Roles and responsibilities for 2171(Information systems analysts and consultants) are :

Duties:
1. Analyzing functional and business requirements
2. Preparing high level & low level designs
3. Automation script development
4. providing technical support to the defects
5. Creating the Business specifications
6. Co-ordinating with the team
7. Project delivery and maintenance
8. Regression test execution

I am wondering if I could apply in 2171(Information systems analysts and consultants) or not, as I am designated as "Senior Manager" and not "* Consultant"?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Detailed :
o Conducting Business Requirement Workshops to gather requirements and preparing the Business Requirements documents
o Preparing Design documents, data flow diagrams and Data Interface structures for Shipping Notifications, Unlock Codes and Deliveries.
o Estimating the effort and providing the project delivery timelines
o Document, develop and deliver various interfaces based on agreed design between Client Middleware and its partners.
o Performing developer testing and supporting the integration testing with various carriers and client business analysts till Sign offs.
o Monitor existing Interfaces for data flow and responding to queries of Incident co-ordinators in case of service outage
o Perform root cause analysis of incidents in production systems
o Schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases and upgrades to the landscapes.
o Write and update the support documentation for the existing and new interfaces for the support purpose.
o Tracking overall delivery timelines and customer notes and appreciations.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Re: May I apply in 2171 with Senior Manager tag?

Hey!

Please understand that I am not afiliated with Canada immigration and that I could be wrong and I could right!
In my personal opinion, It could be risky if the titles don't match and the roles do! Havr u tried looking through other noc codes
just in case? Have you tried the Canadian experience class?

sban

Sep 30, 2014
Re: May I apply in 2171 with Senior Manager tag?

anant_9sept said:
Hi,

I work in Investment bank and I am IT Manager with Designation "Sr. Manager". My Roles and responsibilities are :

Duties:
1. Analyzing functional and business requirements
2. Preparing high level & low level designs
3. Automation script development
4. providing technical support to the defects
5. Creating the Business specifications
6. Co-ordinating with the team
7. Project delivery and maintenance
8. Regression test execution

I am wondering if I could apply in 2171 or not, as I am designated as "Senior Manager" and not "* Consultant"?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Detailed :
o Conducting Business Requirement Workshops to gather requirements and preparing the Business Requirements documents
o Preparing Design documents, data flow diagrams and Data Interface structures for Shipping Notifications, Unlock Codes and Deliveries.
o Estimating the effort and providing the project delivery timelines
o Document, develop and deliver various interfaces based on agreed design between Client Middleware and its partners.
o Performing developer testing and supporting the integration testing with various carriers and client business analysts till Sign offs.
o Monitor exisiting Interfaces for data flow and responding to queries of Incident co-ordinators in case of service outage
o Perform root cause analysis of incidents in production systems
o Schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases and upgrades to the landscapes.
o Write and update the support documentation for the existing and new interfaces for the support purpose.
o Tracking overall delivery timelines and customer notes and appreciations.
From what I have read on the forums the job duties need to match and not the job title.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks guys for replies,

I changed the topic subject. Hope someone who has already did may answer my doubts

Thanks

zhuss

Oct 26, 2014
it's only matter the duties .

so enhance the description of the related JDs that covers the consultant duties .

review everything and make sure to cover most of the JD of your NOC.

then Go ahead ,

dont forget to pray :) , for your self and for me ;)