+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Job bank really work?

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

As I can understand after (only) creating an express entry profile I can register in job bank. Now I have got a couple of queries -
i. If I don't register myself in Job Bank, will my EE profile not be considered as 'complete'?
ii. And the main question, does this job bank actually work? I mean do people get calls/interviews from this? It will be really great if anyone who has cracked an offer from this profile or at least directly knows someone who has got one.

Thanks....

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
i. You need to register for a job bank (at least till June 6, when job bank becomes optional) for your EE profile to become active.

ii. It does not work.

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodwinthegr8 said:
Hello,

As I can understand after (only) creating an express entry profile I can register in job bank. Now I have got a couple of queries -
i. If I don't register myself in Job Bank, will my EE profile not be considered as 'complete'?
ii. And the main question, does this job bank actually work? I mean do people get calls/interviews from this? It will be really great if anyone who has cracked an offer from this profile or at least directly knows someone who has got one.

Thanks....
Until June 06,2017 job bank registration is mandatory in order for your EE profile to be complete. Later it is voluntary. Check the new rules here for more info https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/express_entry_improvementsspring2017.html?_ga=1.159934388.80646023.1486418001.

Job bank doesn't help you in finding jobs and neither employers actively post jobs there, instead there are much more websites where employers post the jobs. The idea of introducing jobbank system is to fill the positions by people from out of Canada. If an employer found your profile interesting and would like to hire you they need to apply for LMIA which in short is an application to government proving that xyz from abc country is a perfect fit for the role and they didn't find a candidate in Canada. Initially it worked when the LMIA process was easy but later as the number of applications has been increasing and the processing time gradually increased, Service Canada(who processes the LMIA) started rejecting more applications and approving very little. Another reason for rejections is that employers sometimes were asked to provide some sensitive information which they didn't want to disclose(this happened to me). Also the processing time to get the LMIA is from 90 days to who knows.

Because of the above mentioned reasons employers didn't find jobbank much useful so they are relying on indeed,workopolis etc. Hence the idea of jobbank is a disaster, as you can check the link above it is made optional starting June 06,2017.

Reactions: PrasadK

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
@canadaee2015,

Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply. It is really helpful. :)

But this brings another question in my mind, if someone applies from other job portals (as you have mentioned) and gets a job, then also the employer will have to face the same challenges in getting the LMIA right? So it indirectly says even if without any job offer or provincial nomination, applicant's CRS stands very near to minimum CRS requirement then also he/she might not be able to get the ITA finally. :mad:

So basically it looks like it is next to impossible get an ITA from outside Canada after a certain age. :( :(

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodwinthegr8 said:
@canadaee2015,

Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply. It is really helpful. :)

But this brings another question in my mind, if someone applies from other job portals (as you have mentioned) and gets a job, then also the employer will have to face the same challenges in getting the LMIA right? So it indirectly says even if without any job offer or provincial nomination, applicant's CRS stands very near to minimum CRS requirement then also he/she might not be able to get the ITA finally. :mad:

So basically it looks like it is next to impossible get an ITA from outside Canada after a certain age. :( :(
what you said is right, growing older will reduce the chances of getting an ITA. But so far in 2017 until yesterday IRCC have issued 32318 ITA's which is huuuuuuge compared to previous two years combined which is less than 10,000.

So there are chances for people even without job offer , pnp or LMIA. Check out this http://prntscr.com/ew1thx . This clearly explains what i am saying.

Jinalshah

Apr 10, 2018
INDIA
Hello,

I have submitted my application after the Job Bank became optional. I received my AOR on 4th of April and medical is clear but ever since there's no update. It's been more than 4 months and I am still stuck in IP1.

I just wanted to make sure that not having a job bank account wouldn't cause any trouble as I have chosen to not have one. Can anyone please advise?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello,

I have submitted my application after the Job Bank became optional. I received my AOR on 4th of April and medical is clear but ever since there's no update. It's been more than 4 months and I am still stuck in IP1.

I just wanted to make sure that not having a job bank account wouldn't cause any trouble as I have chosen to not have one. Can anyone please advise?
No issues.

djmehta33

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I am unable to signup to the Job Bank. It says either the Express Entry Profile or the Job Seeker Code is invalid. What should I do if I want to sign up with the Job Bank?

tarunb10

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Everyone. I have been offered a job in Canada through Linked-in and the employer has agreed to sponsor me so they needed to advertise the job on Job bank first as you all know. The HR tells me that the job has already been advertised a week ago but somehow I am not able to see it on the Job Bank. What could be the reasons? Could there be any settings where the jobs are only visible to people in Canada? Could anybody please help me understand? Thanks in advance.

Rajanila

Jan 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
H
Hi Everyone. I have been offered a job in Canada through Linked-in and the employer has agreed to sponsor me so they needed to advertise the job on Job bank first as you all know. The HR tells me that the job has already been advertised a week ago but somehow I am not able to see it on the Job Bank. What could be the reasons? Could there be any settings where the jobs are only visible to people in Canada? Could anybody please help me understand? Thanks in advance.

How did you got the job through Linked-in. Another problem in LIMA processing is it takes a lot of time to process. One of my friend who went through said it was hectic but it depends upon employer and there initiation.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
don't think so, if it is published it is visible to all

erpawanpreet

Nov 28, 2019
hi,

i came as a student to Canada. but now i got my work permit in September 2019. am i eligible to apply for jobs through job bank.
please answer