+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does it matter if there is a difference in Job Titles between Previous Applications and PR Application (details and questions in post)

Eärendil

Sep 16, 2022
So, I have an ITA and only have 3 days left to submit.

I had included 3 years of work experience and I have work letters and everything.

But I have a question: in my previous applications, like for PGWP and so on, I had added work history. The information of work duration and places I worked at is all the same.

However, in a couple of my work places I wasn't really given a proper title, so I went off of with what I was adding in my resume at that time to match the description.

I don't remember what the previous job titles were and I don't have a record of those previous applications.

For my PR application, I contacted my previous work places for proper letters of reference (I am applying through CEC and these job titles pertain to my foreign work experience), and decided on titles that best described the positions (these were marketing positions in startups and small businesses). They are similar to previous titles, and some are the same, but they aren't exactly ditto. I didn't think much about the job titles while applying for visas before.

I have everything ready to file the PR application, but I just want to double check if I should add a letter of explanation regarding difference in titles.

I know it's too late in the game and closer to deadline, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tl;dr: do they care about the sameness of the job titles as titles are very subjective and I've been told the NOC duties matter?

Last edited:

klubsoda

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
When in doubt, you could always attach an LOE in your Client Information section to address the discrepancies. That's what I would do in your situation. I'm not sure if IRCC will care, but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: datnaijababe

Eärendil

Sep 16, 2022
Yeah. That makes sense. I asked a couple of immigration consultants and they said there's no need to draw their attention to it and that because job titles are fluid, and they look at responsibilities instead, IRCC won't really bother about it. So, I'm kind of in a dilemma.

When in doubt, you could always attach an LOE in your Client Information section to address the discrepancies. That's what I would do in your situation. I'm not sure if IRCC will care, but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: klubsoda