+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does it matter if my CRS score drops right after getting ITA?

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
I got my GCMS notes today and it has the review required along with mentioning the same issue, point drop due to birthday between ITA and AOR. its pending for review due to this reason at CIO. stumbled upon this thread while researching for same. anyone else has same issue happening?

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I got my GCMS notes today and it has the review required along with mentioning the same issue, point drop due to birthday between ITA and AOR. its pending for review due to this reason at CIO. stumbled upon this thread while researching for same. anyone else has same issue happening?
sorry can u explain abit more please? if my understanding is correct you did not include LOE for birthday after ITA ane because of this your application is getting reviewed?

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
sorry can u explain abit more please? if my understanding is correct you did not include LOE for birthday after ITA ane because of this your application is getting reviewed?
Yes I didnt mention this in LOE as I thought CRS gets locked after ITA as mentioned in ITA email.

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yes I didnt mention this in LOE as I thought CRS gets locked after ITA as mentioned in ITA email.
Ok. So basically what happens is the score does not get locked after ITA and any change in circumstances such as a birthday can reduce your score. However, if you have a birthday after ITA and your score reduces because of that then this will not cause a rejection of your application. Birthday after ITA is the only thing for which a candidate is not penalized. So the officer will mention on notes that there is point reduction, however the policy is to ignore this in case of birthdays after ITA. So in essence your application will not be rejected if your points decrease because of birthday after ITA. This is clearly mentioned on the invite letter you would have received.

Reactions: Rubi111

Rubi111

Jan 19, 2018
Ok. So basically what happens is the score does not get locked after ITA and any change in circumstances such as a birthday can reduce your score. However, if you have a birthday after ITA and your score reduces because of that then this will not cause a rejection of your application. Birthday after ITA is the only thing for which a candidate is not penalized. So the officer will mention on notes that there is point reduction, however the policy is it ignore this in case of birthdays after ITA. So in essence your application will not be rejected if your points decrease because of birthday after ITA. This is clearly mentioned on the invite letter you would have received.
Yes, this is exactly what I read when i started doing my research. it wont be refused but is definitely a delay. Thanks for confirming again, its always better when you hear it from someone.

Reactions: darwin900

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, this is exactly what I read when i started doing my research. it wont be refused but is definitely a delay. Thanks for confirming again, its always better when you hear it from someone.
Please can you confirm where can i get the GCMS notes?

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
hi again. has the review required for birthday after ITA completed? if yes, when was this done? thanks