+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IRCC trace siblings living in Canada when we apply?

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
I’m a fresh high school graduate, I have no previous secondary education OR work experience. I’m going for undergrad, I am a genuine student. I’m pursing Sociology at Western. I’m from Pakistan. How are my chances? Now I’m worried ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m a fresh high school graduate, I have no previous secondary education OR work experience. I’m going for undergrad, I am a genuine student.
I’m pursing Sociology at Western. I’m from Pakistan. How are my chances? Now you guys have worried me :(
Decent provided your parents can show strong proof of funds.

Stronger if you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada, the US and UK.

The fact you have a sibling here weakens your overall profile but shouldn't impact you provided the rest of your profile is strong.

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Decent provided your parents can show strong proof of funds.

Stronger if you have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada, the US and UK.

The fact you have a sibling here weakens your overall profile but shouldn't impact you provided the rest of your profile is strong.
I applied via SDS, so I paid full tution upfront (48,000) and a GIC of 10,000. I think my tution ( includes residence fee ) is pretty high compared to other applicants that I’ve seen so I’m hoping that’ll help with the financial side. I did attach my dads bank statements but there were so many pages so idk how much it even shows. I’ve got a pretty long travel history but the only country they’ll care about is the UK where I went once. Hope that helps my case. I really hope I get my visa and soon :( iA

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
So having a brother in Canada is a tie to Canada and not your home country. It makes your approval more difficult because you have a sibling on his PGWP and there is less reason for your to return home.
As a current fresh high school graduate going to Canada for undergrad. How do I even show home ties? I have no property obviously or anything? My family lives here in Pakistan. And I even mentioned that our Quebec investor visa got approved in 2018 but we declined it as my parents wanted to stay in Pakistan for my grandparents and that out base and home is in Pakistan. Does that help? Does any of this show home ties :(