+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IRCC care even a little bit about international student's?

Khanasma

Sep 20, 2020
Plenty are going to Canada just to immigrate. I'm not taking Canada's side but you need mental toughness in this. Like the posts above, we're not a priority. And they don't care that much anyhow.
This is what I disagree to that we are not beggars and we should be their priority because we have been investing in their economy. If they can't handle us they should stop letting us apply, again if people are going to immigrate after acquiring degrees it's their right as they have been given this incentive through their colleges and universities so it's not ethically wrong to study to immigrate. I clearly mentioned in my SOP that I am planning to immigrate for sure after my studies, again IRCC's website gives you the concept of dual intention as well.

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
This is what I disagree to that we are not beggars and we should be their priority because we have been investing in their economy. If they can't handle us they should stop letting us apply, again if people are going to immigrate after acquiring degrees it's their right as they have been given this incentive through their colleges and universities so it's not ethically wrong to study to immigrate. I clearly mentioned in my SOP that I am planning to immigrate for sure after my studies, again IRCC's website gives you the concept of dual intention as well.

Well.... I meant immigration is a long tough road. You need to be stronger. I agree with you that you do contribute, and they are taking their sweet time

Reactions: Khanasma
Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
There is nothing funny to laugh about and i have no competition with you to compare you date of application with mine.
They are doing it with everyone bro. None of us are supporting this delay. You have spoken out your frustration with your serious words and my own was opposite. People's frustration can be expressed through fun and sarcasm as well. You won't get that when you are so frustrated. It's fine mate ..

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Haha lol. If you want to blame someone, blame your own countrymen.

IRCC has a classification for high risk and low risk countries. Low risk countries like Australia, Singapore, UK, New Zealand, Japan don't need much to "prove" they are genuine students or that they will return home, if you're from one of those low risk countries your application is so straightforward, just your acceptance letter, photocopy of your passport and even your proof of financial support can be just a self declaration that you have enough money, don't need any bank statement or go to such great lengths to write a sop.

If you're from a high risk country, things are different. They need to spend alot of time verifying supporting documents and making sure that the applicant is a bona fide student and capable of completing their study. These countries are high risk because of rampant fraud applications and many overstays. IRCC have the data, they know it is very obvious many students don't have the right education background, financial capability or need to travel to Canada to study.

Things are this way because of the history of your countrymen trying to game the system and abusing the study permit and not comply with orders. That's why your application take so long to process.

I know someone personally from Australia applied for a study permit and got approved in 3 working days (before covid), no sop, no excessive financial documents.

You can't deny this fact. IRCC have the data and numbers, and there are many news reports from CBC, CTV, CP24 supporting the same claim.

Don't believe me? Go read the IRCC bulletin and guidelines for officers for yourself https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

"..Conversely, in some very high-risk environments, requiring and systematically verifying substantial history of funds and supplementary individual or family financial and employment documentation may be necessary to ensure that only genuine students capable of supporting their program of studies are accorded study permits..."

Reactions: Ironclad

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Haha lol. If you want to blame someone, blame your own countrymen.

IRCC has a classification for high risk and low risk countries. Low risk countries like Australia, Singapore, UK, New Zealand, Japan don't need much to "prove" they are genuine students or that they will return home, if you're from one of those low risk countries your application is so straightforward, just your acceptance letter, photocopy of your passport and even your proof of financial support can be just a self declaration that you have enough money, don't need any bank statement or go to such great lengths to write a sop.

If you're from a high risk country, things are different. They need to spend alot of time verifying supporting documents and making sure that the applicant is a bona fide student and capable of completing their study. These countries are high risk because of rampant fraud applications and many overstays. IRCC have the data, they know it is very obvious many students don't have the right education background, financial capability or need to travel to Canada to study.

Things are this way because of the history of your countrymen trying to game the system and abusing the study permit and not comply with orders. That's why your application take so long to process.

I know someone personally from Australia applied for a study permit and got approved in 3 working days (before covid), no sop, no excessive financial documents.

You can't deny this fact. IRCC have the data and numbers, and there are many news reports from CBC, CTV, CP24 supporting the same claim.

Don't believe me? Go read the IRCC bulletin and guidelines for officers for yourself https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-application.html

"..Conversely, in some very high-risk environments, requiring and systematically verifying substantial history of funds and supplementary individual or family financial and employment documentation may be necessary to ensure that only genuine students capable of supporting their program of studies are accorded study permits..."
This is actually correct. I noticed in other GCMS they verify everything in notes, while some like mine don't have any of that." eligibility" gets passed without anything else.

Still in pandemic, everything is much slower for everyone