+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Immigration do background check on minors?(Age 15 and 17)

DoerSarc

Apr 7, 2022
I'm just wondering if they do background checks on minors age 15 and 17. Our gckey says "We are processing your background check" compared to my also minor brothers whose background is "not applicable". This is just out of my curiosity cuz i'm trying to guess which month we will get decision made ://

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm just wondering if they do background checks on minors age 15 and 17. Our gckey says "We are processing your background check" compared to my also minor brothers whose background is "not applicable". This is just out of my curiosity cuz i'm trying to guess which month we will get decision made ://
I don't have specific answer but it stands to reason that they do sme minimal level of checks on minors above roughly 14 years.

Compare - for example - to thigns like the oath of citizenship in Canada, which those >14 yrs old do take.

That said, don't expect it would be very detailed - it may come down to just confirming identity. (In some cases what they might be looking in to is that it's not someone swapping identities with someone who is older; yep, those things happen).