+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Immigration Canada have customer service or help to answer questions face to face?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
I know this may be a stretch considering it's the federal gov't but aside from private consultants, does Immigration have someone you can make an appointment with to ask about the process and get help?

I'm looking to get the PRV process started to bring my wife from Colombia but it's all very confusing as to what needs to be done first and what forms to be submitted.

As much as this forum is helpful, doing this face to face to get a start to the process would be helpful.

Am I dreaming that this exists and need to engage private help?

Thanks in advance. I will have MANY inquiries as I move along.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I know this may be a stretch considering it's the federal gov't but aside from private consultants, does Immigration have someone you can make an appointment with to ask about the process and get help?

I'm looking to get the PRV process started to bring my wife from Colombia but it's all very confusing as to what needs to be done first and what forms to be submitted.

As much as this forum is helpful, doing this face to face to get a start to the process would be helpful.

Am I dreaming that this exists and need to engage private help?

Thanks in advance. I will have MANY inquiries as I move along.
It's really not that confusing. You need to take it step by step. IRCC has a basic guide on the site for this exact reason.

You may find community legal services available to you but to my knowledge there is no service like what you're describing.

If you have a straightforward application you really don't need to employ legal assistance.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Generally the process is pretty simple and straight forward once you take some time to read the guides and get your application package and all that. The majority of applications certainly don't need legal help (lawyers make you pay through the nose for something that's ultimately quite simple) so I'd definitely give doing a bit of research first a go before hiring someone.

IRCC doesn't have a service like you mention. If your city has an Immigration Services office, they might offer something, but of course, keep in mind that anything that's free is also cursory and limited, and they're not really experts on it either.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
30 years ago, it was the case, but not anymore! As others have said, you could find community legal services to help you. I remember reading somewhere about this service being offered in Mississauga. If you are nearby, could be worth it to research that.