+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does getting GCMS notes delay application?

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I apply for GCMS notes for my PR case, is that going to slow down the processing of my application? I am wondering if the file actually gets transferred to a different office and hence resulting in delays in processing.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
chd2canada said:
If I apply for GCMS notes for my PR case, is that going to slow down the processing of my application? I am wondering if the file actually gets transferred to a different office and hence resulting in delays in processing.
it don't result in delay if u apply for file in electronic mode ... if u ask for paper file .. it does delay the process.

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taurus1985, thank you for replying!

Do you know that for sure...wondering if you applied for notes twice and the second time didn't show any delays in the case when notes were created the first time (that would be one way of verifying it)?

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
chd2canada said:
taurus1985, thank you for replying!

Do you know that for sure...wondering if you applied for notes twice and the second time didn't show any delays in the case when notes were created the first time (that would be one way of verifying it)?
I applied once in april and one few days ago .. but there was someone on forum "CYNTACT11" he was applying every month and he got DM couple of days ago ... n it doesn't hurt only if u apply for electronic file means PDF and not the paper file.

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice to come across you here. What category did you apply under? I applied under BC-PNP on Aug 1, 2013 but the case status is still Application Received.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
chd2canada said:
Nice to come across you here. What category did you apply under? I applied under BC-PNP on Aug 1, 2013 but the case status is still Application Received.
i applied under ontario pnp on september 6th ... its application received for me too .. but i added my spouse in January so that makes difference

vish549

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
28-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
taurus1985 said:
it don't result in delay if u apply for file in electronic mode ... if u ask for paper file .. it does delay the process.
Oh really? I asked for physical notes instead of electronic one. :( :( I got that last month and didn't helped me at all.
I am already very late in process and ur statement made me very upset. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Since July 29 my Ecas says application received only and medical received.

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taurus1985 said:
i applied under ontario pnp on september 6th ... its application received for me too .. but i added my spouse in January so that makes difference
Good luck! I hope you get it soon!

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vish549 said:
Oh really? I asked for physical notes instead of electronic one. :( :( I got that last month and didn't helped me at all.
I am already very late in process and ur statement made me very upset. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Since July 29 my Ecas says application received only and medical received.
Don't worry vish549, we all make such mistakes because we are anxious. Next time apply for electronic notes. I applied on Aug 1 (few days after you) and my status is same as yours.

On your paper notes, is there a date of creation or printing? My electronic notes were printed 1 day after I applied (but they emailed them after 30 days). I am wondering how long they take to print paper notes and to send them.

In your paper notes, what's the status for different categories? All mine are "not started", except medical is passed.