Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

One of my South African-born friend wants to work in Canada, and he is asking me few questions.

- First was, that he is born and brought up with English as his First language. Does he still need to IELTS?
I think, Yes but wanted to do double check.

- Second is WES. I am confident that everyone needs to do WES.
Can someone please confirm.

I am just super conscious before advising anything to my friend.

Regards
G

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Guys

One of my South African-born friend wants to work in Canada, and he is asking me few questions.

- First was, that he is born and brought up with English as his First language. Does he still need to IELTS?

Regards
G
Yes, you are correct IELTS and WES assessment needs to be done by your friend. If he studied in Canada, then ECA need not be done.

Roopakv

Jan 30, 2015
gaurav_2172 said:
Hi Guys

Regards
G
Yes absolutely... Unless you have studied in canda WES is mandatory and so is IELTS.

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Roopakv said:
Yes absolutely... Unless you have studied in canda WES is mandatory and so is IELTS.
Is it real true?? I think WES isn't needed for whom applying for CEC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
ddlykitten said:
Is it real true?? I think WES isn't needed for whom applying for CEC. Please correct me if I am wrong.
If you are receiving points for your foreign education, you need to assess that through WES or other organizations accepted by CIC!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
WES and IELTS are both mandatory and non negotiable.

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Han said:
If you are receiving points for your foreign education, you need to assess that through WES or other organizations accepted by CIC!
So as long as I don't claim my points for the education outside Canada because I have enough points to receive ITA such as I have a valid LMIA, then I don't need ECA if I am eligible for CEC, right? Then how come ECA is mandatory for both FSW and CEC?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddlykitten said:
So as long as I don't claim my points for the education outside Canada because I have enough points to receive ITA such as I have a valid LMIA, then I don't need ECA if I am eligible for CEC, right? Then how come ECA is mandatory for both FSW and CEC?

true ECA is not mandatory as long as you are not claiming your points.

ask your friend he is coming as a PR or on work permit?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ddlykitten said:
Yes it is not needed provided you are not claiming points for education. Note that this effectively treats you as without any education (in terms of points awarded for CRS).

Since CEC as a program has no requirement for one to have a university degree (but FSW has) you are good to go as long as you score high enough without it.

Usually it is not possible to get an ITA in CEC if you haven't done ECA and neither have an LMIA job or PNP.

However, if you have any of those, and you qualify CEC otherwise (have worked in Canada for a year in a skilled job) you can certainly ignore the degree. Myself and several other friends have done so, but that was mainly because we all were already working LMIA jobs for a couple years on work permits.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
ddlykitten said:
You are correct. No points claimed, no ECA required.