+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does English night class creates problem in getting post work visa ?

yuvi225

Mar 25, 2017
Hello. My name is Yuvraj and I am a resident of India, Currently studying in Toronto, Canada. I am doing the Full-time course from George Brown College, Toronto. I'm currently taking English Foundation level Course. In order to pass my program, I have to complete College Level English Course too. Being an international student fee for that is three times expensive for any particular program. I found the night English class which is three times cheaper than the day time class. I have been informed by the college staff that if I take night English college level class, there can be an issue with my post-Work-Visa. If someone can assist me with the right information that will be a great help.
Thank You

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
If you take that night class (which I'm guessing is offered as a part time and/or independent studies sort of program), does it reduce your term course load below the threshold you need to be called a full-time student?

If the answer to this question is yes.... then you will 514% have a problem with your PGWP

yuvi225

Mar 25, 2017
My overall Total Credit Hours are 25 for semester 2 including this English college level and if I don't include this course still I have 22 hours. Do you still think that would be considered me as a part-time student?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
How would I know that? Each institution has a different definition of full-time and part-time workload. Check with yours. It must be somewhere on the website if it's a half-decent university