+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does employer need LMIA for OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream?

mike2909

Mar 3, 2020
Hi guys, im going to apply for OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream, so does my employer need LMIA ?
Thanks in advance!

mike2909

Mar 3, 2020
LMIA is not required for OINP. However, there's another form that needs to be filled by the employer which has basic info, such as: business premises, full time employees, company revenue, etc.. Email the form to the HR and they'll fill it and send it back to you. You can find the employer form and additional details here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream

Hope this helps.
Thanks alot. When i was reviewing the employer form, there was a question says "does your employer have positive LMIA ?". That's why im confused if my employer needs LMIA or not.

Afnankhan043

Mar 3, 2020
Thanks alot. When i was reviewing the employer form, there was a question says "does your employer have positive LMIA ?". That's why im confused if my employer needs LMIA or not.
Its a general form for foreign worker and international students. Lmia is only For foreign worker i believe not for international stream

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
LMIA is not required for OINP. However, there's another form that needs to be filled by the employer which has basic info, such as: business premises, full time employees, company revenue, etc.. Email the form to the HR and they'll fill it and send it back to you. You can find the employer form and additional details here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream

Hope this helps.
hi there,
do you think lmia is required for skilled worker category?

Reactions: T365

Jott23

Dec 15, 2023
Hi All,

My Husband is doing skill job, Do he need LMIA job offer letter to apply for OINP skilled draw??
Plesae help!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

My Husband is doing skill job, Do he need LMIA job offer letter to apply for OINP skilled draw??
Plesae help!!!
He doesn’t need a LMIA but he needs the support of his employer, and they need to be willing to fill out the employer form and be available to answer any question from OINP. The employer needs to be eligible, as well as your husband (NOC, score, meets requirements.).