+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CSQ lead to permanent Residence (Quebec)

andreww

Dec 21, 2012
I got a CSQ (from Québec of course) and then applied for my visa via the Federal Government.

I am an English native speaker--are you? (I ask only as if so, you do not need an English test). Given the courses you have taken in England in English I doubt you will need a test for that reason anyway. See the CIC.ca website and look for proof of English proficiency. /english/citizenship/language.asp

I assume you will be applying from inside England so I have to tell you to expect this process to take about 3 or more years in all.

catacomb1984

Mar 31, 2014
You mean it takes three years until you finally get permanent residency? Or three years to get the CSQ? I'm an english speaking native yes. Is there any chance that we could chat over e-mail or something? I need I thought maybe the IELTS would help go towards my points, I'm definitely going to take the TEF test in french as I intend to stay in Quebec. I just need to to be able to move permanently to montréal to be with my partner as soon as I can.

andreww

Dec 21, 2012
Well, it depends upon what type of nomination you seek.

If it is connected to a job offer then it could be a bit quicker than others (mine for example is as an entrepreneur / investor). Also, if you have a job offer and the Nomination from Quebec (and/or a letter of support from them) then you will likely get a temporary work permit to get to Montreal until you get the permanent residence visa from CIC (the "Feds").

This is some background--best to reply upon the official site than my amateur educated guesses! Get moving though--they have a maximum number they accept each year.

Look at cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/provincial-nominee-program.asp

"Most PNPs include one or more employer-driven streams which allow workers to be nominated on the basis of a permanent, full-time job offer, provided they meet provincial or territorial nomination requirements (these may include specific occupations, education, work experience, official language proficiency and age). Details regarding individual PNPs are available on provincial and territorial government immigration websites.

PTs are responsible for due diligence in respect of their nomination decisions and for document verification. CIC makes the final selection decision and may refuse a case if the applicant fails to demonstrate the ability to establish economically in the nominating province. PTs are also prohibited from nominating an individual on the basis of a passive investment. CIC is responsible for ensuring that nominees meet extensive health, criminality and security checks."

catacomb1984

Mar 31, 2014
I just need the CSQ as it will be cheaper for me to study there that way, and work for awhile, if i go as an international student the fees are much higher and i'd need longer to save up.

catacomb1984

Mar 31, 2014
How does one display proof of work experience in their application? In particular experienced derived in their academic field?

Thanks

ryan711

Feb 9, 2018
I'd like to resurrect this thread and ask a few new questions as well.

I'm a dual citizen of the US and UK and have frequently visited Québec as an American (I have many friends here and was dating a Quebecer last year...). However, I'd like to apply for the CSQ and eventually for PR—but as a Briton. I'm employed with an American company as an American and thus a US resident as a US citizen.

For my language exams, the CSQ and my final application for PR, will I experience any issues doing so as a Brit? For example, if I take the French exam in Montréal the next time I visit for a concert in a few months, won't I need to take the exam using my UK passport as identification if I intend to apply for PR as a Briton? Will they question why I visited Canada as an American but took the tests in Canada as a Brit, or will this situation explain itself when they see that I'm a dual citizen?

Ideally I'd rather keep all formal documentation (regarding PR to Canada/Québec) within the Commonwealth instead of uprooting and relocating as an American. I don't immediately see any issues, since dual nationality isn't uncommon, but I really don't want to have to spend hundreds of dollars and waste months of time redoing exams or resubmitting documents due to a small oversight regarding residency or nationality.