Does CIT-520 replace the Old RQ form

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There has been a few posts that talk about the new RQ form CIT-520, is this replacing the old RQ form which required a lot of documentation? I am just curious and wondering. How many ppl got RQ within the last 6 months of this year?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
There has been a few posts that talk about the new RQ form CIT-520, is this replacing the old RQ form which required a lot of documentation? I am just curious and wondering. How many ppl got RQ within the last 6 months of this year?
it is Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada with RQ is Residence Questionnaire its a 2 different form

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
its like mini RQ, not real RQ. it is specific form to ask specific questions like eg. entry/exit records from usa.

http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I got this form and I have been waiting since 2.5 since I sent it back and I haven't heard anything yet back... It's waiting time regardless what type of form you fill out it's just not fair to get something like that when you are super honest with your application and status in Canada

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
At this point, RQ form CIT-520 is not all that new, but has been in use for quite awhile.

It is definitely not a replacement for RQ. It is described by some as a RQ-lite. It appears to often be issued in lieu of RQ in circumstances which would have resulted in RQ in the somewhat recent past. But it is not RQ, and it sometimes appears to be issued for reasons other than residency questions.

Thus, it may be issued rather than RQ where, for example, particular information or documents could readily resolve a question CIC has relative to the applicant's residency qualification. But it may also be issued for other purposes, such as to confirm identity, particular address or work history, or such.

Hard to guess how many applicants are being issued RQ these days, although it appears to be way fewer than the number who were in 2012. While the decline may be due in part to a number of applicants being issued CIT-520 rather than RQ, my sense is that CIC has extensively refined its criteria for the issuance of RQ, so that RQ is more focused on cases which more likely have real residency issues. In this regard, here again some potential questions may be readily resolved by a specific request, such as for CRA Notices of Assessment, or home rental documentation for a particular period, among other examples. If the applicant timely provides the requested documentation, the applicant is not deemed a residency case, which can have a big impact on the subsequent processing timeline. If CIC is not satisfied by what is submitted, RQ may then be issued.

That said, the CIT-520 form has also been sent to quite a few applicants who had already been issued RQ and responded to RQ. So it can also be a follow-up for already RQ'd applicants. Some refer to it, in this situation, as a second-RQ but it is just what it is, an additional request for specific documents.

There are numerous reports that many applicants who have timely and appropriately responded to the CIT-520 request have incurred only minor delays in processing. This is not a universal result, but appears to be the result for many cases in which the requested documentation does indeed resolve the question triggering its issuance. Of course, when the CIT-520 form is a follow-up for an already RQ'd applicant, such an applicant is already well into the long-delayed mode. And, for some applicants the response may in turn raise other questions or concerns. So there is no guarantee, but again it appears that for many applicants these requests are not problematic, not a big deal.

And, again, alone, it appears quite certain that for an applicant sent the CIT-520 form, that alone does not mean that applicant has a residency case (in contrast, applicant's RQ'd do have, unless and until CIC decides otherwise, a residency case).

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get full-RQ is it mandatory to provide Entry/Exit Records?

and is it the same for RQ-lite?? ... aaahhhhh ! that was really lite !

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
If you got the full RQ it is automatically written in it that you need to get entry/exit report and other papers but the lite RQ does not ask that automatically it depends on the officer checking the boxes for the new one, google full RQ and u can have a look at it so everyone who gets the full RQ will have to provide the entry/exit record if it applies to his country of citizenship/residence

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Mini or full RQ, the problem is not how many documents you need to provide, but when is it going to be reviewed.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
when is it going to be reviewed and the speed of processing RQ's depends on the officer's speed and concentration on documents,I wish mine will be faster, I already sent the mini RQ recently and waiting for a response by mail.It is not clear if the new lite RQ replaced the old one or not, there is no official indication about that in cic website.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
I just checked some posts in this forum,many applicants who applied in 2014 are still receiving the scary big RQ(cit0171) so it depends on your luck,you may get the big RQ cit0171 or the mini cute one CIT0521.

The difference is that Big RQ CIT0171 asks many questions and documents maybe hundred pages of documents to send + it takes long processing time while the mini RQ cit0521 does not ask any questions at all +it asks just two or three specific documents and has fast processing time maybe 2 -6 months not more

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you send a link for the big and small RQ. I would like to see the forms.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
SinghLovCan said:
Can you send a link for the big and small RQ. I would like to see the forms.
This is the link for big RQ(the so called cit0171) latest version

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/cit-0171-10-2013/

and this is the link for the mini RQ(CIT0520) for lucky applicants

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/cit_520-e/

when you go the page click on the name in blue that is cit_0171 and will download it in pdf format

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toshib said:
This is the link for big RQ(the so called cit0171) latest version

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/cit-0171-10-2013-f/
This is in french, anyone care to share the english version

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SinghLovCan said:
This is in french, anyone care to share the english version
http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit-0171-10-2013.pdf

big RQ is usually given during the processing and small RQ is given after test/interview.