+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CiC send all application updates via mail?

vanmover

Jan 31, 2015
Does CiC communicate with citizenship applicants mostly via physical mail? I'm hoping to submit my application soon but this summer I will be spending a couple of months in Quebec before moving to Toronto for work. (I currently live in Vancouver). Can I easily change my address once my app has been submitted? I'm worried about missing important info and my test/interview invitation. Thank you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
vanmover said:
Does CiC communicate with citizenship applicants mostly via physical mail? I'm hoping to submit my application soon but this summer I will be spending a couple of months in Quebec before moving to Toronto for work. (I currently live in Vancouver). Can I easily change my address once my app has been submitted? I'm worried about missing important info and my test/interview invitation. Thank you!
any correspondence from cic will come from either physical mail or email.
Keep checking e-cas/physical mail/ email regularly. Don't fully rely on e-cas as it may update or not update on time.

You can change you address but it can take around 5+ business days to update.
If you are changing province permanently, then why don't you apply for citizenship after moving to the desired province?
Because if you change the province your file may get transferred to the new province you will live which may delay your application and if the application is not moved, then you will need to come all the way to vancouver to attend test/interview etc.......

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
vanmover said:
There have been instances of CIC sending snail mail to your old address even after repeated confirmation that the address has been fixed on your application both online and by asking a CIC phone line... so definitely apply after you move to the new province, why hope CIC to be doing their job well... they are prone to lose track of address changes...

vanmover

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks everyone... hmmm maybe I will just wait. I just wanted to get it sorted as soon as possible!

Also, can you choose where you take your interview/oath ceremony, or do they just allocate the location related to your home address?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
vanmover said:
Thanks everyone... hmmm maybe I will just wait. I just wanted to get it sorted as soon as possible!

Also, can you choose where you take your interview/oath ceremony, or do they just allocate the location related to your home address?
They allocate according to your home address.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
vanmover said:
You will.receive updates via Ecas but the.official letters are being sent by mail. (Invitation tothe interview and oath ceremony invite)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
alexchristi said:
You will.receive updates via Ecas but the.official letters are being sent by mail. (Invitation tothe interview and oath ceremony invite)
Somewhat correct.
E-cas may or may not update on time. correspondence can be sent by email/physical mail.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
If you need to contact them, do you contact the local CIC office or directly Sydney in Nova Scotia? Also via web or snail mail? I might have to contact them re a test date change.
Thanks
Stef.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Stef. said:
If you need to contact them, do you contact the local CIC office or directly Sydney in Nova Scotia? Also via web or snail mail? I might have to contact them re a test date change.
Thanks
Stef.
It depends. If your application is at the initial stage processing at sydney. Send info on the webform and mail a letter to sydney.

If the file has been transferred to local office, fill the webform and send the letter to local office.

Here is a helpful link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=786&top=5