+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC reverify PNP nomination

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
What happens in the following scenario
1) you get in the express entry pool with 435 score and ontario sends you NOI
2) You apply and get nominated, now your score is 1035
3) when filling out CIC application you realized there was a mistake and your original score was less than 435 and perhaps did not qualify for ontario NOI.
4) you submit the application anyway as you have pnp nomination and got the additional 600 points.

Does CIC ask ontario to withdraw their nomination?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
What happens in the following scenario
1) you get in the express entry pool with 435 score and ontario sends you NOI
2) You apply and get nominated, now your score is 1035
3) when filling out CIC application you realized there was a mistake and your original score was less than 435 and perhaps did not qualify for ontario NOI.
4) you submit the application anyway as you have pnp nomination and got the additional 600 points.

Does CIC ask ontario to withdraw their nomination?
The answer actually is option B: you commit immigration fraud and could be barred from ever re-entering Canada.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
What if in between you getting nominated and submitting the CIC application, your ielts expires, you retake it and got a lesser score. Does the pnp nomination still stand?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
This will become apparent because you will have to revise your EE profile or apply with corrected information and explain to the VO the discrepancy between your EE profile and your PR application, and in this case the officer will forward the corrected information to the OINP department for a misrepresentation finding it is only the OINP that will decide not IRCC and in this case they may or may not withdraw your nomination depending on the severity of the misrepresentation.

It is better to take the punch yourself and report the problem to OINP before you decide to apply and know in advance about your situation, this way you either have a confirmation you can apply or in the worst scenario you lose the PNP but the problem will not be reported to IRCC and will not result in an admissibilty finding for you.

Regarding your second question the IELTS score freezes once your receive an ITA and if it expires later you don't have to retake the test and any lower scores in the future do not need to be reported and don't affect you anyways.

Reactions: navinball

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
^^
Thanks for the detailed explanation. The reason I'm asking is when I created my CIC profile I listed two work experiences. One a 7 yr work exp which is my primary noc and another a 2 yr work exp. I applied for oinp and got nominated.
Now I want to remove the 2 yr exp and move it to personal history. Just wondering if it will cause an issue because I used it for oinp even though it didn't add any additional points for me.
Would it be a case of misrepresentation.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
This will become apparent because you will have to revise your EE profile or apply with corrected information and explain to the VO the discrepancy between your EE profile and your PR application, and in this case the officer will forward the corrected information to the OINP department for a misrepresentation finding it is only the OINP that will decide not IRCC and in this case they may or may not withdraw your nomination depending on the severity of the misrepresentation.

It is better to take the punch yourself and report the problem to OINP before you decide to apply and know in advance about your situation, this way you either have a confirmation you can apply or in the worst scenario you lose the PNP but the problem will not be reported to IRCC and will not result in an admissibilty finding for you.

Regarding your second question the IELTS score freezes once your receive an ITA and if it expires later you don't have to retake the test and any lower scores in the future do not need to be reported and don't affect you anyways.
@navinball
What I have been told by senior member about the IELTS is that once you submit your application and IELTS expires then it not an issue.
IELTS should be valid at the time of submitting your application.
OINP has mentioned this specifically in there FAQ as well.

You can refer this thread as well
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-expiry-during-oinp-application-processing.407040/

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
^^
Thanks for the detailed explanation. The reason I'm asking is when I created my CIC profile I listed two work experiences. One a 7 yr work exp which is my primary noc and another a 2 yr work exp. I applied for oinp and got nominated.
Now I want to remove the 2 yr exp and move it to personal history. Just wondering if it will cause an issue because I used it for oinp even though it didn't add any additional points for me.
Would it be a case of misrepresentation.
If by moving the said exp to personal history your score changes and is off the range of draw points then it might affect your application, it can be rejected. Else not. You need to calculate it yourself and work accordingly. While moving you can add a loe to explain it to them why you did so. All the changes to profile before and after it's received is tracked my the system and any points change by alterig the info need to be explained.

amit.mitu1

Jul 27, 2023

Hello,

if OINP is approved and I need to apply for PR but my IELTS is now expired, doI need to write IELTS again and then create PR profile and upload new as well as old (expired) IELTS results? Please let me know if anyone has faced this.
Thanks,
Amit

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

if OINP is approved and I need to apply for PR but my IELTS is now expired, doI need to write IELTS again and then create PR profile and upload new as well as old (expired) IELTS results? Please let me know if anyone has faced this.
Thanks,
Amit
Yes you have to. When you get ITA, that time you submit the docs, all those docs need to be valid at the time of submission.

amit.mitu1

Jul 27, 2023
Yes you have to. When you get ITA, that time you submit the docs, all those docs need to be valid at the time of submission.
Thanks for your reply! As mine is OINP approved which means it’s Non Express Entry and unlike Express Entry, it doesn’t ask you for test or result date. It just ask you to upload result. Like express entry provides ITA, OINP provides approval which I have and just to apply for PR. Is your answer related to OINP case or Express Entry?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for your reply! As mine is OINP approved which means it’s Non Express Entry and unlike Express Entry, it doesn’t ask you for test or result date. It just ask you to upload result. Like express entry provides ITA, OINP provides approval which I have and just to apply for PR. Is your answer related to OINP case or Express Entry?
As you said you are asking about Express entry, since you got OINP approved, isn' t it?
So I answered as per Express Entry.

amit.mitu1

Jul 27, 2023
As you said you are asking about Express entry, since you got OINP approved, isn' t it?
So I answered as per Express Entry.
Apologies if I was not clear. Yes I would like to know about OINP post approval for non express entry PR apply. Do you have idea?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Apologies if I was not clear. Yes I would like to know about OINP post approval for non express entry PR apply. Do you have idea?
Sorry no idea. But even though one is not asked to upload anything but only results are asked they should also be valid. Isn't your reference number of tests results asked?
But what I have an idea is that all the docs you submit should be valid at the time of submission.
Hope this helps. All the best.

amit.mitu1

Jul 27, 2023
Sorry no idea. But even though one is not asked to upload anything but only results are asked they should also be valid. Isn't your reference number of tests results asked?
But what I have an idea is that all the docs you submit should be valid at the time of submission.
Hope this helps. All the best.
Thanks for your response. Only test result to be uploaded. No date or anything else mentioned. Let me find out more.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for your response. Only test result to be uploaded. No date or anything else mentioned. Let me find out more.
I think they will be careful enough to verify if one is submit valid results or not otherwise why the need of sitting every other year. Technically date of birth is enough to extract data about anyone. How do you think they check criminality and other stuff?? Though I maybe wrong. Above all if we leave everything aside there is a a declaration somewhere saying everything you are declaring is valid and false declaration can lead to consequences. I can be wrong.
Do your research before going ahead.