+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC really wanna take overseas applicants ?

Ophtha Dr

Nov 26, 2014
Before January I really suspected this new express entry process.
I mean why they tell you that you can apply when they so obviously are taking those who are already inside Canada ?
It's really pathetic to hold PhD and a score of Ielts with CLB 9 but you can't reach a 400 when they are already stopping around 450 every single draw !!!
Moreover,not selecting the NOC doesn't make any sense , I mean all invited (or most) may fall into a few Nocs !!!! They are supposed to take those they are short of ..... or what ?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the only occupations they're really short on are trades people so unless you're one of those you don't really have a case to be complaining about a country that is open to taking people from all skill sets from all over the world.
You pick your NOC to prove that you're a skilled worker.
They say you can apply, because you can. There's nothing stopping you. But applying is no guarantee of success. same as job applications, or applying to university. you can apply to whatever you want, doesn't mean your application will be approved.

i don't see how its possible to have a phD and scoring CLB9 but not have over 400 points? even with a spouse, the transferability points should bring you over 400.

Ophtha Dr

Nov 26, 2014
Yeh, got 377 points cos age in this process gets points more than logic.I know people who got the PR in the last year with less qualification and language score.That's why I am saying express entry is against not with applicants.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its not though. its weighted towards the people Canada wants. and its absolutely their right to do that. They want young, educated people who work skilled jobs and can communicate well in either of their official languages. Its their country and completely their choice to weight the points in favour of who they want to come here. I'm sorry if your age costs you points but that is not an indication that Canada don't want immigrants. its just a matter of who they want. And its not up to us to tell Canada who they should be letting in.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
its not though. its weighted towards the people Canada wants. and its absolutely their right to do that. They want young, educated people who work skilled jobs and can communicate well in either of their official languages. Its their country and completely their choice to weight the points in favour of who they want to come here. I'm sorry if your age costs you points but that is not an indication that Canada don't want immigrants. its just a matter of who they want. And its not up to us to tell Canada who they should be letting in.

Yeah I agree with that.. We cant complain.., at least they do have this option to immigrate. But we just can pray and hope for the best..

Ophtha Dr

Nov 26, 2014
purplesnow said:
You are absolutely right . Can you tell me how they are selecting those skilled ?? It is a common pool not selective. Many quota were not filled last year, and if the ECA had arrived in time (not my problem offcourse) I could have been writing you from Canada now :)

Ophtha Dr

Nov 26, 2014
jemdill said:
Yeah I agree with that.. We cant complain.., at least they do have this option to immigrate. But we just can pray and hope for the best..
Not a mere complaint, and surely prayers can help.
Wish the best for all 8)

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah they aren't picking any specific skills anymore, all that seems to count now is that you do have experience in any kind of skilled job.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ophtha Dr said:
You are absolutely right . Can you tell me how they are selecting those skilled ?? It is a common pool not selective. Many quota were not filled last year, and if the ECA had arrived in time (not my problem offcourse) I could have been writing you from Canada now :)
And you could also be writing in from Canada now if you had applied under the previous system anytime in the past when age was to your advantage.

Let's face it. Is the current system perfect - No. Is it better than the previous system of FCFS processing - Yes it is. For CIC, for Canadians, for their economy, for introducing the semblance of meritocracy in Immigration which wasn't the case till 1st Jan 2015. And No it isn't. For some people who find themselves shortchanged now because the points system doesn't favor their particular life situation. There have been umpteen complaints from married applicants who arguably believe that the system favors young, single applicants. Maybe it does. But that's how it is designed. The system is designed to exclude some people and select some others. If that doesn't sound fair to anyone, they can keep arguing about it but it won't change a thing on the ground till CIC decides it needs to change it's selection criteria.

And after that digression, let's just address the question in the topic. Does CIC really want overseas applicants? Hell Yeah! They are Citizenship and Immigration Canada! They exist to take overseas applicants and convert them into Canadian PRs and eventually citizens. And if they're choosy about it, well, it's their country and their rules. Canadian citizens can question those rules and inspire change. Maybe even PRs can. Not applicants.

bomber1980

Jan 30, 2015
Ophtha Dr said:
Before January I really suspected this new express entry process.
I mean why they tell you that you can apply when they so obviously are taking those who are already inside Canada ?
It's really pathetic to hold PhD and a score of Ielts with CLB 9 but you can't reach a 400 when they are already stopping around 450 every single draw !!!
Moreover,not selecting the NOC doesn't make any sense , I mean all invited (or most) may fall into a few Nocs !!!! They are supposed to take those they are short of ..... or what ?
Hi, I completely agree with you. I am in a similar situation (387 score with PhD) and, compared to the previous system, the probability to get ITA or apply for PR is quite lower.

I make another example: In October 2014, I applied for the PR with the NOC 2131 (civil engineer) but in late December I got my application back only because I forgot to send the original copy of WES when instead by mistake I sent its photocopy only. Now I dont want to start talking about the "accuracy" of the Canadian Immigration Office (impossible to speak with them and in my case it could be enough to send an email in October-November and I would have sent back the missing original document) but for sure, if it wasnt for that mistake, I was now almost ready to be in Canada with a PR or sending all the revelant documents to them.

What you are saying is not listened in this forum because formed by more than 50% people with similar NOCs 2171, 2172 etc and it is normal that is not convenient for them the old system based on the real need of professionals in Canada.

It is also true that individuals are seen better than families but I can understand this in terms of immigration numbers.

At the same time, it is a fact that who has got an ITA until now was already working in Canada or with a LMIA and the Immigration Office prefers them at the moment.

For the others critizing the 377 scores of the person opening this post, I would like to remind them that 377 is equivalent to a score, with the previous system, well higher than the minimum 67 points.

I hope that higher educated people with professional experience will get more chance to get the ITA in the next future..

Greetings

karan-91

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bomber1980 said:
Hi, I completely agree with you. I am in a similar situation (387 score with PhD) and, compared to the previous system, the probability to get ITA or apply for PR is quite lower.

I make another example: In October 2014, I applied for the PR with the NOC 2131 (civil engineer) but in late December I got my application back only because I forgot to send the original copy of WES when instead by mistake I sent its photocopy only. Now I dont want to start talking about the "accuracy" of the Canadian Immigration Office (impossible to speak with them and in my case it could be enough to send an email in October-November and I would have sent back the missing original document) but for sure, if it wasnt for that mistake, I was now almost ready to be in Canada with a PR or sending all the revelant documents to them.

What you are saying is not listened in this forum because formed by more than 50% people with similar NOCs 2171, 2172 etc and it is normal that is not convenient for them the old system based on the real need of professionals in Canada.

It is also true that individuals are seen better than families but I can understand this in terms of immigration numbers.

At the same time, it is a fact that who has got an ITA until now was already working in Canada or with a LMIA and the Immigration Office prefers them at the moment.

For the others critizing the 377 scores of the person opening this post, I would like to remind them that 377 is equivalent to a score, with the previous system, well higher than the minimum 67 points.

I hope that higher educated people with professional experience will get more chance to get the ITA in the next future..

Greetings
You are making the mistake of "humanizing" the process. Express Entry is an objective process- you either fit certain criteria or you don't. If you fulfil enough of these criteria, you get an opportunity to apply for permanent residency.

You might think that having top educational qualifications should give you the ability to jump the line. However, Canada has an educated and ageing population. The current points system favours those who have age on their side. The country's demographic calls for young professional tax payers and students and this is reflected in the scoring system.

You can go in to all kind's of if's and but's about how things would have been different if this was 1980 or 2005 or 2010. It just doesn't matter.

Ophtha Dr

Nov 26, 2014
:-* :-*
bomber1980 said:

Greetings

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ophtha Dr said:
You are absolutely right . Can you tell me how they are selecting those skilled ?? It is a common pool not selective.
Yes and no. The Federal government (CEC) is responding to complaints that the "market" and the provinces should play a greater role in determining the selection of skills for immigration, and EE is designed to support that, through jobbank and the LMIA process, and through PNP EE, rather than directly selecting specific occupations. Are the kinks worked out? No, of course not. Does this mean that excellent individuals get passed over? Unfortunately, yes, if their excellence is not aligned with the needs of employers and provinces. If you can figure that piece out, you will make it. Best of luck to you all -

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cryptic said:
Canada doesn't explicitly say they don't want overseas immigrants. But it's quite obvious they are favouring particular types of immigrants. It's clear looking at the rejections and those who have the low scores, that those come mainly from third world countries, such as Paki, India, the Philippines, Somalia, Jamaica etc. As CIC had rightfully expected, people from those countries would not be able to score highly (453+) given their factors such as education, language skills etc. And those who do get through the ITA stage have been rigorously targeted for rejection, whereby the VO tries hard to find any little reason to reject the application.
How do you know people from those countries won't be able to score 453+? Do you even know that English is the main language in majority of those countries? I can even bet you that they are the ones with the highest human capital factors. You're just a joker.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
cryptic said:
Ever heard a Paki or Indian speak English? Main language means *censored word* all mate
Cryptic - I think you are beling too harsh. Time to bring some facts in front of you.

Asia the largest source of immigrants in canada
Among the G8 countries, Canada had the highest proportion of foreign-born population (20.6%), well above the shares in Germany (13.0% in 2010) and the United States (12.9% in 2010).

Top source countries for newcomers :
The NHS results showed that the Philippines was the leading country of birth among people who immigrated to Canada between 2006 and 2011.Note 3 In 2011, around 152,300 newcomers were born in the Philippines, 13.1% of all newcomers.
It was followed by China, from which roughly 122,100 newcomers or 10.5% arrived, and India, from which about 121,400 or 10.4% originated.
Completing the top 10 countries of birth were the United States, Pakistan, the United Kingdom, Iran, South Korea, Colombia and Mexico.

Please refer the below link for more details, it is published by Govt. of Canada
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm