+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC accept citizenship application on weekend like on Saturday or Sunday ?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

To respectable folks and moderators if I mail citizenship application suppose on Friday does CIC receive citizenship application Saturday or Sunday ?

Cause there are some courier service they do next day shipping

So folks and mates and moderators will kindly wait for a reply

Thanks

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
turboracer said:
Hi

To respectable folks and moderators if I mail citizenship application suppose on Friday does CIC receive citizenship application Saturday or Sunday ?

Cause there are some courier service they do next day shipping

So folks and mates and moderators will kindly wait for a reply

Thanks

Due to the back-log CIC seems to be working on weekends as there are times when the system (ecas) is being updated on a weekend. But that's just the back office case workers. If the courier tries to deliver on a weekend and there is no one to accept the package then I am sure they will try to deliver the next business day. Some of these courier service have information about these business places schedules (days to which they accept mails/package from the public.

rayqueen

Aug 26, 2018
good day everyone I am applying for a visitor visa to Canada from Trinidad I uploaded all my documents went to another part of the website paid my fee but my application does say submitted how can I submit my application

JPBless

May 14, 2018
good day everyone I am applying for a visitor visa to Canada from Trinidad I uploaded all my documents went to another part of the website paid my fee but my application does say submitted how can I submit my application
You posted to the wrong discussion forum. This forum is for citizenship application and not visitor visa application. So you are more likely to get informed response from people in your category; people who made similar visitor application as you did and know what happens after completing visitor application.

The right forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/visa-offices-in-north-america.18/

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
You have waited 1095 days or May be more to apply can’t you wait two more days to apply after the weekend !

Otherwise, pay for 2 days delivery service this way you are sure that the courier didn’t over charge you .

Or else , go ahead and submit it Friday, if you they don’t deliver it the next day , ask for a refund !

Reactions: mumbai1985

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
You have waited 1095 days or May be more to apply can’t you wait two more days to apply after the weekend !

Otherwise, pay for 2 days delivery service this way you are sure that the courier didn’t over charge you .

Or else , go ahead and submit it Friday, if you they don’t deliver it the next day , ask for a refund !
Totally Agreed.

A word of caution to OP : have some buffer days before you apply, if you traveled outside Canada during your eligibility period. If you forgot a trip or 2, it will cost a lot of grief later, which may include RQ and rejection.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015

Totally Agreed.

A word of caution to OP : have some buffer days before you apply, if you traveled outside Canada during your eligibility period. If you forgot a trip or 2, it will cost a lot of grief later, which may include RQ and rejection.
Guys, this is a 2015 thread on which someone posted an unrelated question yesterday, and got directed to the appropriate forum :)