+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOES CEC REQUIRE SPECIFIC PAY TO QUALIFY

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
Hello I have 2 years of assistant manager experience in retail in canada which is NOC 0621 ( 0 category ) where I was getting paid 15$ per hour.When I went to my lawyer he said that my wages is too low and I should Change my NOC code to 6211 as retail supervisor (b category). My job description matches NOC 0621 but my lawyer is insisting to be keep NOC B. I am confused please help me out ?

Last edited:

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
It would be advisable to use the NOC code that matches your profession the closest especially in terms of NOC’s lead statement. Once you are applying under CEC the fund requirement does not matter. It is better to be accurate as possible.

VARUN_HII

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello I have 2 years of assistant manager experience in retail in canada which is NOC 0621 ( 0 category ) where I was getting paid 15$ per hour.When I went to my lawyer he said that my wages is too low and I should Change my NOC code to 6211 as retail supervisor (b category). My job description matches NOC 0621 but my lawyer is insisting to be keep NOC B. I am confused please help me out ?
WHICH COMPANY PAYS ONLY 15$ TO ASS MANAGER ??

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
$15 is a bit low for a manager position in NOC 0 category ...

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
This might raise concerns to IRCC. If you have a managerial (NOC 0) position but only makes $15/hour.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Can you post your job duties and responsibilities?

Also note that for the CEC class, the language test scores must be higher for NOC Level O than for Level B.

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
Can you post your job duties and responsibilities?

Also note that for the CEC class, the language test scores must be higher for NOC Level O than for Level B.

okay

JOB DESCRIPTION OF ASSISTANT MANAGER

Assistant Store Manager Demonstrates:

• Motivation and
    entrepreneurial drive
  • Strong sales and customer service focus
  • Experience leading and developing teams
  • Planning and coordination skills and ability to adapt to change

Key job accountabilities include but are not limited to:

• Supporting and Leading high performing teams
  • World Class Customer Service
  • Checking to ensure that work meets quality standards
  • Solving new & unfamiliar problems
  • Assuring compliance with laws and company policies and regulations
  • Working precisely with numbers, measurements and other kinds of data
  • Encouraging the growth and development of Associates
  • Exercising leadership in changing situations and influencing attitudes of others
  • Support with training, motivational, or orientation meetings
  • Ensuring compliance with safety regulations
  • Achieve and Improve Sales, Service and Profit Standards
  • Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales
  • Reduce or eliminate loss through effective loss prevention practices
  • Handle all other documentations, administrative needs related to store operations
  • Support in placing orders for their departments based on sales & latest market trend

Desired Skills & Experience:

• Strong background in customer service
  • Proven success in the achievement of sales and profitability targets
  • Positive and energetic team player with a strong leadership capability
  • Educational background: relevant post-secondary education
  • Minimum 3 years of experience in progressive retail supervisory role

Recruitment and Hiring:

· Assists store manage in the recruitment and selection of associates which meet the desired competencies, branding and values

· All manpower needs are met by deadline for peak seasons BTS, Sandal and Boot

· Review all documents with MOD, sign off upon completion:

· ICIMS instructions can be found in HR manual “Recruitment and Selection.”

· PI pro can be found in SOC – documents. This will help you determine if the candidate will be a good fit for the position for which they have applied. If they have not completed the PI

· Interview guides can be found in SOC – documents. Use the appropriate guide for the position you need to fill (Associate or Management, level 1, 2 or 3).

· Reference checks can be found in SOC – documents.

Loyalty Results:

· Store meets or exceeds the corporate objective

· Conduct Role Play and coaching for underperforming associates

· Leads on training and developing all associates on Loyalty

Training Documents to Review:

· Loyalty –SOP

· Loyalty Scripts

Order Fulfillment:

· Order Fulfillment meets or exceeds corporate objective

· Order Fulfillment policy and procedure compliance

· Order Fulfillment errors under 0.5%

Training Documents to Review

· Order Fulfillment SOP

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
This might raise concerns to IRCC. If you have a managerial (NOC 0) position but only makes $15/hour.
Thanks for the reply so what do u think should I go for which NOC CODE, My job desription is also posted have a look.My main question is will my Pay would be a decisive factor.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Thanks for the reply so what do u think should I go for which NOC CODE, My job desription is also posted have a look.My main question is will my Pay would be a decisive factor.
I think you should go with the truth. If you are an Assistant Manager and you perform all the activities you posted here, that's what it is. But you're REALLY underpaid - and that could raise a concern on IRCC because one thing doesn't match the other (job description & pay).

Reactions: jesuscares

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
I think you should go with the truth. If you are an Assistant Manager and you perform all the activities you posted here, that's what it is. But you're REALLY underpaid - and that could raise a concern on IRCC because one thing doesn't match the other (job description & pay).
CAN CIC Reject my file due to low pay wages. what do u think ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CAN CIC Reject my file due to low pay wages. what do u think ?
No, not directly because wage is not one of the selection criteria. HOWEVER, they could view it as partial evidence that you do not meet the requirements of the NOC; officially, the reason would be that they are not satisfied that you are performing the duties of NOC 0621. (In your occupation, however, your wage is not unusual).

Another thing to consider (unofficially) is how much prior retail experience and/or supervisory experience you have. For example, if this were someone's first job, it would be not very credible that they would be hired as a manager.

There is a huge difference between NOC 0621 and NOC 6211 in terms of decision-making authority. To me, more of your duties (as written) align with NOC 6211 (the marketing duty is the only one that is clearly in 0621). But that could just be the way they are written, you would know better - I would suggest, if you decide to use 0621, that you re-write the job description to better align with it. And again, make sure your language scores are sufficient for a level O job...

Reactions: cmoncanada

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
No, not directly because wage is not one of the selection criteria. HOWEVER, they could view it as partial evidence that you do not meet the requirements of the NOC; officially, the reason would be that they are not satisfied that you are performing the duties of NOC 0621. (In your occupation, however, your wage is not unusual).

Another thing to consider (unofficially) is how much prior retail experience and/or supervisory experience you have. For example, if this were someone's first job, it would be not very credible that they would be hired as a manager.

There is a huge difference between NOC 0621 and NOC 6211 in terms of decision-making authority. To me, more of your duties (as written) align with NOC 6211 (the marketing duty is the only one that is clearly in 0621). But that could just be the way they are written, you would know better - I would suggest, if you decide to use 0621, that you re-write the job description to better align with it. And again, make sure your language scores are sufficient for a level O job...
Thanks a lot for your reply,My english is score is good I have CLB level 8 score in Celpip.My lawyer told me that JOB TITLE is not that important they look at Job description First and then they look at NOC Code,he recommends me to go for NOC CODE 6211 and he wants me to put Assistant Manager as Job Title ,because he thinks my pay is too low and normally NOC 0 Category people get 60-70k package.So what do you think about his opinion,and do you know anyone who is going through same problem?

Thanks a lot for all ur suggestion.

Rushabh5

Nov 22, 2017
So Should I go for NOC 6221 because my lawyer is telling me to go for this Noc code and write Assistant manager in Job Title.Because he thinks Job Description is more important and normally NOC 0 category would get min. 60-70 k package.What do you think ?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
So Should I go for NOC 6221 because my lawyer is telling me to go for this Noc code and write Assistant manager in Job Title.Because he thinks Job Description is more important and normally NOC 0 category would get min. 60-70 k package.What do you think ?
Yes. I would agree with your lawyer aswell. Also take into consideration what jes_ON said above^.

Also check average payscale using following link: https://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Retail_Store_Assistant_Manager/Hourly_Rate

Hope this helps.