+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CANADA IMMIGRATION share info with US IMMIGRATION?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hello Guys , quick question ?
do you think IMMIGRATION CANADA can see visa information and entry dates for the states?
Thank in advance.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume that information is shared; however actual the level of detail may vary depending on the specific agreements between Canada and the USA

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
I was wondering this too.

My husband was married to an american, applied for american immigration but withdrew his application. Will CIC investigate his application filed with the US?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheila la said:
I was wondering this too.

My husband was married to an american, applied for american immigration but withdrew his application. Will CIC investigate his application filed with the US?
As previous marriages have to be declared, CIC will have the information that they need to start those checks (if they deem it necessary).

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But apart from declaring past messages...it would be interesting to know if they share other info. for instance prior visits/overstays

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Recently when my fiance crossed into the US he stated that he was coming to see his girlfriend. The US border official named me before he gave them my name so apparently some things are shared I guess. Even weirder they shared with the US all my crossing info and the US official was able to read all of it and said that the Canadian IO's are afraid of overstay with me even though I have never stayed more than three months and always stay in the US for longer. Funny since I have been asking IO's what their issue was with me and the US tells my Canadian fiance lol!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patricksgirls said:
Recently when my fiance crossed into the US he stated that he was coming to see his girlfriend. The US border official named me before he gave them my name so apparently some things are shared I guess. Even weirder they shared with the US all my crossing info and the US official was able to read all of it and said that the Canadian IO's are afraid of overstay with me even though I have never stayed more than three months and always stay in the US for longer. Funny since I have been asking IO's what their issue was with me and the US tells my Canadian fiance lol!
Sounds similar to my experiences.
It appears that the amount of data being shared is likely to increase.. IMO too much information is shared already :(

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Baloo
I agree that too much is already shared! Some of the questions the Canadian IO asked me last September were way too personal and they were in the notes shared with the US side! Wonderful :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They definitely share crossing info. My husband has seen evidence of this both entering Canada and the US.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Patricksgirls said:
Baloo
I agree that too much is already shared! Some of the questions the Canadian IO asked me last September were way too personal and they were in the notes shared with the US side! Wonderful :eek:
Baloo, can you provide some of the questions they asked you. Nothing too personal of course but more in relation to what information the US may have provided to them.

Thanks.