+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone knows what is going to happen please reply

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
I am a convention refugee and recieved my letter from IRB on september 2011 i applied for PR card on June 2012. I didnt know that i had to apply within 180 days for PR card. Obviously 2-3 months passed from the deadline. I havent heard anything from CIC yet. May be they havent opened my application yet.

Does anyone know what would happen ? Are they going to refuse my application just because i sent i 2-3 months after the deadline. I`ve been in Canada since 2007 and i waited too long to get to this point. Am i going to loose everything now ?

Could anyone please reply

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sevanb said:
I am a convention refugee and recieved my letter from IRB on september 2011 i applied for PR card on June 2012. I didnt know that i had to apply within 180 days for PR card. Obviously 2-3 months passed from the deadline. I havent heard anything from CIC yet. May be they havent opened my application yet.

Does anyone know what would happen ? Are they going to refuse my application just because i sent i 2-3 months after the deadline. I`ve been in Canada since 2007 and i waited too long to get to this point. Am i going to loose everything now ?

Could anyone please reply

Thank you
If you didn't apply within the 180 days for PR, then your application will be refused. You will then have to re-apply under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/pp/pp04-eng.pdf Section 9.3.

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

If you didn't apply within the 180 days for PR, then your application will be refused. You will then have to re-apply under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds.
Thanks for the answer. So there is nothing i can do ? Why it is so restricted like 180 days or no application. I didnt know that. Cant i do anything ? What is your opinion? Should i hire a lawyer i dont know :(

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
Hi there ? it is saying 180 days but it doesnt mention if it is Business Days or Calender days. What does this mean ?

on the 180th day. Should that latter day be a Saturday or Sunday, or a federal statutory holiday,
the period will expire at midnight on the next day thereafter that is not a Saturday or Sunday, or a
federal statutory holiday.

Is that mean we have to count Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Or we dont count them in that 180 days ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sevanb said:
Hi there ? it is saying 180 days but it doesnt mention if it is Business Days or Calender days. What does this mean ?

on the 180th day. Should that latter day be a Saturday or Sunday, or a federal statutory holiday,
the period will expire at midnight on the next day thereafter that is not a Saturday or Sunday, or a
federal statutory holiday.

Is that mean we have to count Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Or we dont count them in that 180 days ?
If it doesn't specifically say "business days" - then it's calendar days. So yes - you would count Saturdays, Sundays and holidays in that 180 days.

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for the answer.

It is getting worse than. Do you know if that is for sure they are going to refuse it. Because it is just 2 months late. And i didnt even know that. Nobody told me. If i have to apply under H&C it is going to take another 3 years just because i missed the deadline 2 months ? Are they this much merciless ? Any idea, what should i do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Probably a good time to get a good lawyer to assist you.

They're not merciless. It's up to you to follow the process and submit documents by the stated deadlines. Not knowing the rules is unfortunately no excuse.

Again, probably a good time to get a lawyer.

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
I will be doing that first thing tomorrow. Today is holiday. And i already have been thinking so much about this. I hope i`ll make it. Thank you so much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
Probably a good time to get a good lawyer to assist you.

They're not merciless. It's up to you to follow the process and submit documents by the stated deadlines. Not knowing the rules is unfortunately no excuse.

Again, probably a good time to get a lawyer.
Except CIC is merciless when it comes to legislated deadlines. And the 6 months is a legislative deadline.

Protected Persons — Permanent Residence
Marginal note:Application period

175. (1) For the purposes of subsection 21(2) of the Act, an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident must be received by the Department within 180 days after the determination by the Board, or the decision of the Minister, referred to in that subsection.

sevanb

Aug 5, 2012
Today i called CIC call center. Agent told me that i have to wait for the answer. And i asked are all the applications be refused which are made after 180 days. And she said not all the time.

Anyways

After that i`ve spoken 5 different lawyers across Canada.

Before i spoken with them i tried to contact with 10 other ones but they dont want to talk unless you get an appointment for consultation. So they want money just for legal advice. One of them $250 for 30 min. She is in Vancouver. Other one $195 in Brampton. And the prices are like that. Just for consultation. I found couple other free consultations. I am waiting them to call me. I dont know if they will.

While i was asking their consultation fees of course i explained them the stuation and i asked them what steps should i take ?

1st Lawyer said: I should wait fir the answer. And if they refuse it . I should call her and apply for under H&C

2nd Lawyer said : He can sent them a letter to check the note on the application if they are going to process it or not. If not we can apply under H&C

3rd Lawyer said : Just wait there is so many people applies applies after 180 days. I`ve seen so many accepted before. So just wait and see

4th Lawyer said: Dont wait for the answer. They are not going to open your envelope in several times. So witdraw your application and apply under H&C

5th Lawyer said : They are going to refuse your application for sure. They cant accept your application if you are late. So i charge $500 to make an application under H&C and in your position you will get accepten %99

I havent talked to 6th lawyer yet. But i have an appointment with him on Friday. I am really confused. Even Lawyers dont know what to do. May be they know but i dont know which one would be right for me. This is just unbeliaveble. Rugulations must be clear and they should be given the same information. Is it Because CIC ?? Nobody knows what they are going to do ? Than why we need lawyers ? We can make our own decisions by our self. Because every lawyer is saying different things. My decision could be one of the other.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sevanb said:
Today i called CIC call center. Agent told me that i have to wait for the answer. And i asked are all the applications be refused which are made after 180 days. And she said not all the time.

Anyways

After that i`ve spoken 5 different lawyers across Canada.

Before i spoken with them i tried to contact with 10 other ones but they dont want to talk unless you get an appointment for consultation. So they want money just for legal advice. One of them $250 for 30 min. She is in Vancouver. Other one $195 in Brampton. And the prices are like that. Just for consultation. I found couple other free consultations. I am waiting them to call me. I dont know if they will.

While i was asking their consultation fees of course i explained them the stuation and i asked them what steps should i take ?

1st Lawyer said: I should wait fir the answer. And if they refuse it . I should call her and apply for under H&C

2nd Lawyer said : He can sent them a letter to check the note on the application if they are going to process it or not. If not we can apply under H&C

3rd Lawyer said : Just wait there is so many people applies applies after 180 days. I`ve seen so many accepted before. So just wait and see

4th Lawyer said: Dont wait for the answer. They are not going to open your envelope in several times. So witdraw your application and apply under H&C

5th Lawyer said : They are going to refuse your application for sure. They cant accept your application if you are late. So i charge $500 to make an application under H&C and in your position you will get accepten %99

I havent talked to 6th lawyer yet. But i have an appointment with him on Friday. I am really confused. Even Lawyers dont know what to do. May be they know but i dont know which one would be right for me. This is just unbeliaveble. Rugulations must be clear and they should be given the same information. Is it Because CIC ?? Nobody knows what they are going to do ? Than why we need lawyers ? We can make our own decisions by our self. Because every lawyer is saying different things. My decision could be one of the other.
1. Well I quoted you the Act. I don't think it can be clearer than that, no matter what the lawyer's say.