+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know what is Fee Guards?

jasmeetsbeebo

Feb 1, 2020
India
Category........
I was planning for my further studies in canada. Yesterday i went to an education agent for the college admission application, as i shortlisted few colleges, the agent said that the some of shortlisted colleges by me are private and new colleges. So before taking in my file consideration the agent suggested me that i should enroll with Fee Guards. He said that the company provides protection of college tuition fees if something mishappens in canada like if college shuts down. I really don't know much about the process of canada study visa. Do i need to enroll with them before applying for canada study visa application, Can anyone advice me on this.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You only really have to worry about that if you select a small, private college that operates a risky business mostly intended to get people visas. Reputable colleges do not disappear with tuition.

I imagine your agent gets a commission from this program.

Reactions: jasmeetsbeebo

jasmeetsbeebo

Feb 1, 2020
India
Category........
You only really have to worry about that if you select a small, private college that operates a risky business mostly intended to get people visas. Reputable colleges do not disappear with tuition.

I imagine your agent gets a commission from this program.
Thanks for quick response, but my concern is that the college i'm applying for is established but it is private, and i heard many negative reviews as well. So should i get safe side by enrolling with the agent suggestion of fee guards. And yes, of course he would getting commission from the company as it is his business. But my thinking is that i should take precautionary step before any mishappening.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Thanks for quick response, but my concern is that the college i'm applying for is established but it is private, and i heard many negative reviews as well. So should i get safe side by enrolling with the agent suggestion of fee guards. And yes, of course he would getting commission from the company as it is his business. But my thinking is that i should take precautionary step before any mishappening.
PLEASE, i beg you not to apply to a private college. They are cheaper, but when you graduate, you will find out you cannot achieve anything in Canada with their certificate because you will not be granted a post-graduation work permit, which is what every international student wants.

On fee guard, run far far away from those agents. Apply to a public institution that is licensed to accept international students and that it's students are eligible for post-grad work permit. Those agents are crooks that want nothing but money. Every public post-secondary institution in Canada will refund your tuition if, for instance, your visa application is denied. The only money you wont be refunded is your application fee.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No. You should ignore the agent and apply for a reputable public college that will give you a PGWP.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I wouldn't go anywhere near this college. Your agent is being paid to send you there, and you'll get nothing from it.

Think about it. You pay your agent, and he's paid to send you to certain colleges. These colleges are so risky they may steal your fees and never get you any further forward in Canada. Is it really worth it?