+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know "Two or more credentials"

Ca85

Apr 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

I have two qualification in my ECA report. The first is 3 years long & the second is two years long. Both are mentioned in the credential Analysis and are qual to;
the first is 3 Year Canadian Diploma.
The second is 2 Year Canadian Diploma.

However, my report Summary just mentioned my 3 years Diploma (the highest). My lawyer said i have just one qualification since only 1 credential is mentioned in the report summary.

SO, please does anyone know somebody who got his/her PR through EE with Two qualifications?? Please I want to know what was written in his/her ECA report Summary? Did WES mention both of the qualifications in the SUMMARY or just the highest qualification? Did anyone contact the CIC regarding his/her report summary?

I really need your inputs

Best of luck to everybody. Thanks in adance

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
In the summary they state the highest qualification, for example if you submit documentation for Bachelor and Masters, they will assess both and in the summary they will say 'Masters Degree'.

Ca85

Apr 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Canadiense for your post. Please did you contact CIC/WES and confirmed the information you said? Thanks again

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have two qualifications assessed to be at equal level - two Masters' degrees or Bachelor's degrees - you will be assessed as having two or more degrees at that level. If, however, one degree is higher than the other, as is usual - you got a Bachelor's and then went for a Master's - you will be assessed as having the highest level degree, since the other is taken as a prerequisite.

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hi Ca85,

Even I am little bit confused after seeing my ECA report. I got my ECA from WES and educational equivalencies are as follows
1)Bachelor's degree
2)Completion of a Second Undergraduate major

Canadian Equivalency Summary says "Bachelor's Degree".

Thanks,
Brenna

bindudhiman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
TLU 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
01-12-2015 hurrayyy..
Ca85 said:
Hello People,

I have two qualification in my ECA report. The first is 3 years long & the second is two years long. Both are mentioned in the credential Analysis and are qual to;
the first is 3 Year Canadian Diploma.
The second is 2 Year Canadian Diploma.

However, my report Summary just mentioned my 3 years Diploma (the highest). My lawyer said i have just one qualification since only 1 credential is mentioned in the report summary.

SO, please does anyone know somebody who got his/her PR through EE with Two qualifications?? Please I want to know what was written in his/her ECA report Summary? Did WES mention both of the qualifications in the SUMMARY or just the highest qualification? Did anyone contact the CIC regarding his/her report summary?

I really need your inputs

Best of luck to everybody. Thanks in adance
You can claim points for the educational credentials which have been mentioned in the summary of the ECA report. In my case too, i had a Master of Science degree of 2 years but WES refers it to a 1 year of graduate study. So i could not claim points for it.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
See conversion table

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

So you can claim two degrees , CIC knows the second degree is mentioned below

Ca85

Apr 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys for ur comments. I can see different answers here, and I am still confused. I have emailed CIC and I attached my report. Hopefully, I hear from them soon. I will let you know what they said.

If anyone hears something from CIC, please post here.

Thanks to all of you, and all the best.

Ca85

Apr 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bindudhiman,

Your case is totally different from the case we are talking about. My case is that I have 2 diplomas and they are both recognized in Canada as they are. However, only 1 diploma is mentioned in the summary, while the Credential Analysis of the report has mentioned them both as one is equal to 3 years Canadian diploma and the second is equal to two years Canadian diploma.