+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does AINP allow me to get work permit extension without new LMO?

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
Hi, I'm applying for PR from PNP in Alberta. I have nomination from provivce and already sent application to Buffalo. I also got my case number from Buffalo and a medical exam done and cent as well. But my work permit expires on August 2010 and I'm affraid I have to extend it. Do I need new LMO or my nomination is enough to do so?

Olya

Mar 26, 2010
Hi! Did you wait for your medical exam 3 months or did you booked a doctor appointment asap? Thanks

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
I received my file no from Buffalo along with medical instruction where was stated that I have 60 days for complete and send medical exam to avoid unnecessary delays in processing. So I did my medical right away within few days.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjakubow said:
Hi, I'm applying for PR from PNP in Alberta. I have nomination from provivce and already sent application to Buffalo. I also got my case number from Buffalo and a medical exam done and cent as well. But my work permit expires on August 2010 and I'm affraid I have to extend it. Do I need new LMO or my nomination is enough to do so?
You can get letter from AINP that will allow you to extend your work permit without an LMO.

PMM

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
I've send an e-mail to person at Gov. of Alberta who issued my AINP to ask what I need to do. Within 5 minutes I've received a call from her and she said that all what I need to do is send to Edmonton a copy of my nomination certificate with my application for work permit extension and that's it.

Olya

Mar 26, 2010
We are in a similar situation like mjakubow. Our WP expires in July 2010. Thank you!
mjakubow: I asked you about 3 months because in one letter from Gov. of Canada you could read "Please do not schedule your medical exam until 3 months from the date of this letter (March 16, 2010). If you complete your medicals too soon, you may be required to be reexamined." But in another letter you could read this: "You should make arrangements to untergo the required medical examination immediately. Failure to do so within 60 days of this notice will result in unnecessary delays in the processing of your application." ::)

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
Olya said:
We are in a similar situation like mjakubow. Our WP expires in July 2010. Thank you!
mjakubow: I asked you about 3 months because in one letter from Gov. of Canada you could read "Please do not schedule your medical exam until 3 months from the date of this letter (March 16, 2010). If you complete your medicals too soon, you may be required to be reexamined." But in another letter you could read this: "You should make arrangements to untergo the required medical examination immediately. Failure to do so within 60 days of this notice will result in unnecessary delays in the processing of your application." ::)
I didn't get in my letter this part regards 3 months and reexamination. I have this about arrangements to do medical immediately. But on the other side of my letter is general instuction regards medical examination where is stated: "Immigration medical results are valid for 12 months from the date of examination. If you have been notified that you will be required to attend a personal interview at visa office, you should not schedule medical examinations until you have received your interview notice. This will reduce the risk of expiry of medical results before completion of the processing of your application."
I have not been notified about any interview so I did medical examination. Beside we've had instructions and IMM1017 forms with our photos stamped in Buffalo so we decided to do medical right away.

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
Ok, now something else:
2 weeks ago I've received an e-mail from Buffalo with information, that my case was sent from Buffalo to Los Angeles to expedite processing. But in the same message they also informed me, that for the next 90 days I can not request the status of my file. Has anybody met that before? Is it realy faster way to get PR if within next 90 days nothing going to change?

Olya

Mar 26, 2010
Hi! We received this email from Buffalo yesterday. With the same message. But our staff was sended to NY.
Myakubow: Thank you! I booked an appointment for the April 8th, 2010.