+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does administrative assistant comes under CEC?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
one of my close friend is applying for CEC as a canadian graduate, he have worked as a Admin assistant for about 1 year and he wants to know whether his occupation comes under CEC, reply would be helpful.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

icecool222 said:
one of my close friend is applying for CEC as a canadian graduate, he have worked as a Admin assistant for about 1 year and he wants to know whether his occupation comes under CEC, reply would be helpful.
It is classed as Level C in the NOC, and therefor is not skilled work as required by CEC/

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Does he have previous experience in a different (class a or b) before becoming a graduate? If yes he can use that job experience to apply for PR not on a CEC

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
Does he have previous experience in a different (class a or b) before becoming a graduate? If yes he can use that job experience to apply for PR not on a CEC
But without an AEO he would have to have at least 1 years experience in the list of "29" to be able to apply.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

But without an AEO he would have to have at least 1 years experience in the list of "29" to be able to apply.
he said his duties resemble to a human resource consultant so hes gonna use that NOC and more than that his employer is supporting that claim.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
icecool222 said:
Look under NOC 1241, it is very similar, there is a good chance your friend will qualify. Job title is not the deciding factor, rather the specific job duties.