+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a claim/request with a strong reason help you get the visa faster?

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Hi again I might be boring for you but I got another question! I posted earlier and posting now that my process began (I received formulars) on march 16 2007! The processing time in my visa office is 2-5 months! 5 months happens to be on 16 august! But I'm worried that the process may take longer than that so I have to start school in my country again! That's why I want to get to school in Canada! So sending a claim (as a request) to visa office from the applicant, asking them to send visas before september 2007 (even though they shall send them until then), will it help?

Chromination

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chromination said:
Hi again I might be boring for you but I got another question! I posted earlier and posting now that my process began (I received formulars) on march 16 2007! The processing time in my visa office is 2-5 months! 5 months happens to be on 16 august! But I'm worried that the process may take longer than that so I have to start school in my country again! That's why I want to get to school in Canada! So sending a claim (as a request) to visa office from the applicant, asking them to send visas before september 2007 (even though they shall send them until then), will it help?

Chromination
No, if they won't speed up applications for pregnant spouses, they are not going to speed up so you can go to school.

PMM

Chromination

Jun 30, 2007
Yes but I make 5 months on 16 august! So they have to send the visas before september even if I don't send the claim! But I want to send this to be assured to go to Canada and start the school there! But thank you anyway,

Chromination

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Chromination said:
Yes but I make 5 months on 16 august! So they have to send the visas before september even if I don't send the claim! But I want to send this to be assured to go to Canada and start the school there! But thank you anyway,

Chromination
The don't have to send anything in 5 months, there is no guarantee anywhere in the Act or Regulations that an application has to be processed in x months. It is just an average of applications already processed.

PMM

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Chromination said:
But I'm worried that the process may take longer than that so I have to start school in my country again! That's why I want to get to school in Canada!

Chromination
You don't need to put your life on hold. And, you can always apply to a Canadian school of your choice while you are waiting.

Now, if you are talking about attending a post-secondary school, like a university, I believe that the deadline date for applications to be sent in is usually between the months of February and May/June for the next academic year, which usually starts in August/September, depending on the school.

So, if you have not already sent in an application to any university by this time, then it means that you would likely start school in January 2008 as a late applicant for some schools or September 2008, and this does not change whether you receive the PR visa tomorrow.

Even if you have applied and have been accepted to a University in Canada, you can always ask for a deferral entry to start school at a latter date - although not all schools might be willing to do this, but it is an option.

Now, if you are talking about a secondary school like a High School, then there is no need to worry as you can start attending a high school whenever you land.

And, you don't really need to start school in your country at this time, when you know that you will definitely land in Canada well before this year ends.

By the way, don't forget to share the good news with us whenever you receive that visa because I do have some new wine that I would like to open, and I am just looking for the right occasion to open the bottle. :)