Hi everyone
I am trying to understand how IRCC treats a 1-year post-secondary certificate/diploma for the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years” CRS category.
My situation: I have a 4-year Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Computer Engineering degree.
I also have a 1 year Certificate/Diploma Course in Cybersecurity from the same university. The certificate/diploma is done online through distance education with exams given offline. It has proper credits (32 credits). I have done this diploma in my final year of bachelors degree.
The Cybersecurity program is post-secondary but NOT postgraduate. Admission requires completion of 10+2/secondary education, not a bachelors degree.
My concern is about the ECA. When I use the WES Required Documents tool, I can find options for things like Master’s and Postgraduate Diploma but I cannot find an appropriate option for a 1-year post-secondary certificate/diploma that is entered after 10+2.
WES AI assistant support told me that WES evaluates formal academic credentials but if the certificate isn't listed in their tool, it may be because it isn't classified as a degree/diploma under their system. They didn't give me a definite answer.
I also looked for IQAS and they mention that they evaluate 1 year post secondary certificate and their equivalency is generally equal to canadian post secondary certificate
So my questions are:
Has anyone had a 1 year university-level post-secondary certificate/diploma evaluated by WES, IQAS, ICES, CES or ICAS? If so what Canadian equivalency did you receive?
Would a 1 year post-secondary certificate/diploma entered after 10+2, together with a 4-year bachelors degree, satisfy IRCC's “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” education category?
Does the credential have to specifically be a postgraduate diploma or can a regular 1 year post-secondary certificate/diploma qualify?
If anyone has used IQAS specifically for a university certificate/diploma, what was your experience?
Thanks in advance for help !
I am trying to understand how IRCC treats a 1-year post-secondary certificate/diploma for the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years” CRS category.
My situation: I have a 4-year Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Computer Engineering degree.
I also have a 1 year Certificate/Diploma Course in Cybersecurity from the same university. The certificate/diploma is done online through distance education with exams given offline. It has proper credits (32 credits). I have done this diploma in my final year of bachelors degree.
The Cybersecurity program is post-secondary but NOT postgraduate. Admission requires completion of 10+2/secondary education, not a bachelors degree.
My concern is about the ECA. When I use the WES Required Documents tool, I can find options for things like Master’s and Postgraduate Diploma but I cannot find an appropriate option for a 1-year post-secondary certificate/diploma that is entered after 10+2.
WES AI assistant support told me that WES evaluates formal academic credentials but if the certificate isn't listed in their tool, it may be because it isn't classified as a degree/diploma under their system. They didn't give me a definite answer.
I also looked for IQAS and they mention that they evaluate 1 year post secondary certificate and their equivalency is generally equal to canadian post secondary certificate
So my questions are:
Has anyone had a 1 year university-level post-secondary certificate/diploma evaluated by WES, IQAS, ICES, CES or ICAS? If so what Canadian equivalency did you receive?
Would a 1 year post-secondary certificate/diploma entered after 10+2, together with a 4-year bachelors degree, satisfy IRCC's “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” education category?
Does the credential have to specifically be a postgraduate diploma or can a regular 1 year post-secondary certificate/diploma qualify?
If anyone has used IQAS specifically for a university certificate/diploma, what was your experience?
Thanks in advance for help !
