+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Uploading Questions (Can I combine items)

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Dear all

I'm Shaheen, applying for a Canadian visit visa from Pakistan. I have some questions, will be grateful if I could get some help.

1. My brother and sister live in Canada - both sending invitation letter (for a little reunion). They both sent letters from employers, Uni, bank, payslips, bla bla. Can I combine all their pdf's and upload them as one pdf under the invitation.

2. My brother downloaded his bank statement and given me to upload, can that also be uploaded or does it have to a bank issued and stamped bank statement.

3. My brother is working in Canada and he will be paying for the expenses in Canada. He gets paid bi-weekly - so does he need to send 6 payslips (3 months worth) or 12 payslips (6 month worth of payslips).

4. If invited for interview, will I need to take the original of all the documents, meaning will my brother need to send his original bank docs in the post to us so we can take them to the interview?

Many thanks guys

Shaheen

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. sure
2. download is ok
3. it doesn't matter
4. no interview for TRV

5. don't focus too much on your brother's ability to pay. focus on yours. if you can't show your own job or money, your chances of approval will be slim.

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Thanks Bellaluna

5B - I am pretty much sorted here in Pakistan in that I have a job that pays around CAD2000 per month after tax - have my savings account which I keep adding to every month as well. I am married and my husband won't join me for the 2 week vacation I am planning to Canada. So I am really hopeful that I won't be seen as an overstay risk or unable to support myself. I hope I am not getting too ahead of myself. Any thoughts most appreciated..

6. With the visa process, I may have misunderstood some things. I am applying online, so submitting everything online, and if I am then not being asked to go for interview, how does the visa stamping process work? I am sorry to sound like an amateur but is there a step by step guide as to how to apply for the visit visa - I find the CIC website too confusing.

Thanks again all

Shaheen

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you apply online, you will get a biometrics request.

You will have to make an appointment and go to VFS/VAC to give your biometrics (photo, fingerprints).

And then the visa office will continue processing.

If approved, they will send you a passport request letter.

You have the option of going to VFS in person or sending your passport via courier, and also picking up the passport in person or getting it returned by courier. You will have to arrange this with VFS.

There are no interviews with the visa office for TRV applications, not the type you imagine where you have to present originals of your documents or a visa officer ask you questions.

Reactions: can19cancan