+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents upload - Offer of Employment and Letter Of Employment ( difference )

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hi
We received an ITA. And post filling the eAPR. We got the personalized documents check list. In The documents mentioned for Principal applicant to upload there are two columns
  1. Offer of Employment
  2. Letter Of Employment
We are applying under the CEC category.
We are also claiming the additional 50 points for arranged job offer.

I am not able to understand what is Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. We do have other columns of documents to be uploaded specifically mentioned regards to the previous companies that my husband had worked for. But we are not able to understand the above two columns. Can anyone please help. Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi
We received an ITA. And post filling the eAPR. We got the personalized documents check list. In The documents mentioned for Principal applicant to upload there are two columns
  1. Offer of Employment
  2. Letter Of Employment
We are applying under the CEC category.
We are also claiming the additional 50 points for arranged job offer.

I am not able to understand what is Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. We do have other columns of documents to be uploaded specifically mentioned regards to the previous companies that my husband had worked for. But we are not able to understand the above two columns. Can anyone please help. Thanks

Letter of employment is the reference letter for work experience - it describes the PAST.

Job offer letter - for the 50 bonus points - describes the FUTURE offer of employment. "This offer of employment is for permanent (or, at least one year) after Mr/Mrs X becomes a permanent resident."

See the "Proof of work experience" section - for the letter of employment/reference letter -
See the "Letter of offer from the employer" for the job offer letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html