+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents sent by post seized by Canada immigration

eli2018

Jun 16, 2018
My documents sent to me via mail were seized by immigration officer and just offered me notarized copies of all documents. Does this put me in trouble? why were documents seized and offered me notarized copies?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
My documents sent to me via mail were seized by immigration officer and just offered me notarized copies of all documents. Does this put me in trouble? why were documents seized and offered me notarized copies?
If you're making a claim to Convention refugee status then the documents may come in handy, should you ever face removal from Canada, to get you legally admitted into your country of citizenship. Mailed travel/identity documents are naturally of interest to the CBSA and have been for a long old time. Sometimes they surprise people who have various names, dates of birth and/or countries of citizenship outside of what they've revealed.

Reactions: eli2018

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
During my claim process I also had to bring some evidence from back home.but my Laywer warned me that it could be seized on immigration/customs so he suggested me to courier the docs to his office’s address directly instead of my home address.i did so and received the documents without any trouble.

eli2018

Jun 16, 2018
Thanks @Bornlucky and @captains. I talked with my lawyer today, he told me that it's his first time to experience this for the last 29 year of his work.

The documents included few envidences for my claim and a diploma for high school.

The strange thing is that the immigration officer didn't tell me the reasons for seizing my documents.

what are consequences of this document seizure?

Thanks.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Thanks @Bornlucky and @captains. I talked with my lawyer today, he told me that it's his first time to experience this for the last 29 year of his work.

The documents included few envidences for my claim and a diploma for high school.

The strange thing is that the immigration officer didn't tell me the reasons for seizing my documents.

what are consequences of this document seizure?

Thanks.
it will be enclosed to your file.you may see them during ur hearing as IRB member will have ur file.but nothing to be worried about it.

Angeltemmy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
I’m in the same situation please, did you get your documents returned?

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
What I know!

Prepare your hearing to answer questions related to those documents .
Some unexpected questions could be

1: who dispatched you these documents ?

2: who is sender and how he get access to these documents ?

3: may ask you about some specific document inside your shipment /parcel.

4: if sender is your spouse and she/he is also in danger then must make sure what’s the adress of sender ?

Because of sender is still living on same adress and your story shows he/she moved to some other part of country then be prepared to give reason why she/he wrote your old adress?

And many more questions.